We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel search - please help! PANIC!

London
Level Contributor
418 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel search - please help! PANIC!

Hi all,

I know this is very very short notice but I am looking for a hotel for Saturday night 30th October in the Chelsea/Fulham/Kensington/Victoria/Earls Court for under £100. I have searched soo many hotels but everything i am looking at is either full or £200+. If it is slightly further out it is ok, as long as it is around 10-15 mins from chelsea by car/taxi/bus.

If anyone has any ideas, please help!

Thanks so much!

California
Level Contributor
4,225 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel search - please help! PANIC!

Hi - Have you tried Base2Stay around the corner from Earls Court? I tried online, but was directed to call the hotel directly. Single rooms usually go for about 100GBP. Good luck!

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
54 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel search - please help! PANIC!

Have you tried the Cherry Court Hotel? We have not stayed there, but a friend of mine said it was great and it's in the Victoria Area.

London
Level Contributor
418 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel search - please help! PANIC!

I tried base2stay they are fully booked - but not cherry court - ill try that. Thanks!

Dunfermline, United...
Level Contributor
13,318 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel search - please help! PANIC!

Tried Priceline? www.priceline.co.uk Currently showing some four star London hotels for less than £100

Ipswich, United...
Destination Expert
for Ipswich
Level Contributor
7,513 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel search - please help! PANIC!

I was in a similar position because I had to be in London for Saturday 30th Oct and was horrified when I saw the prices for that night, with even travelodges in the £130-£150 range. I bid on Priceline, and included 3*. When I added the City to my options I ended up with Club Quarters Gracechurch for a bid of £54 (around £65 after taxes and fees). If you want somewhere further west you may have to bid more than that, of course. I'm still chuffed that I'm getting Club Quarters for half the price nearby Travelodges are asking for that night:-)

Edited: 28 October 2010, 15:48
London
Level Contributor
418 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel search - please help! PANIC!

Thanks guys, I haven't tried priceline but I don't know how it works with bidding etc... never used priceline before? Can anyone help?

Thanks!

California
Level Contributor
4,225 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel search - please help! PANIC!

You could do a lot worse than getting a Club Quarters property, I love their hotels. On every floor they have free filtered water and bottles, a goodie cabinet for extras like tea, sugar, shampoo, pillows, etc. We stay at the Club Quarters St. Paul's, which is a perfect location for getting everywhere.

Ipswich, United...
Destination Expert
for Ipswich
Level Contributor
7,513 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel search - please help! PANIC!

Londongirl, I found this site very useful when I was a newcomer to Priceline bidding:

moneysavingexpert.com/travel/cheap-priceline…

There's also another site, betterbidding.com that gives advice and latest info about likely winning bids, but if you're in a hurry it might take a while to get to grips with that site.

If you simply go onto the Priceline site and go to the 'name your own price section' they see you through it anyway. The thing to remember is to keep a couple of bidding areas in reserve so that you can try again in the same 24hr period (it's not considered bidding for the same thing if you add an area, though your higher bid might still get you a hotel in your original zones). If you're pressed for time (as you are) I suppose you can't really mess around with cheeky low bids the way you can if its weeks ahead. If you want to be safe you should be okay starting at £60 if you include the City. (The City needs lower bids at weekends as there are splendid hotels there that are busier during the week because of the business market).

London
Level Contributor
418 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel search - please help! PANIC!

thanks - I tried it only with the two areas I am looking to stay in at £70.. but they said no :-(

if i try with my husbands details again with a higher bid, or using another one of my cards, will it work? or do i still have to wait 24 hours?

maybe i will include wesminster area too and see...

thanks for your help everyone

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
62 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotel search - please help! PANIC!

Here's something I found on Expedia UK:

Royal Garden Hotel

Check In OCT 30

Check Out OCT 31

Area: Kensington - Earl's Court

*Special rate* Total rate: £145

To Book call: 0203 027 8679

I don't know if that's an expedia phone number or the hotel number. Make sure you tell them you're calling about a special rate you got on expedia for 145 pounds.

Good luck,

Some guy from the usa