We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kensington Lodging for 4 Adults???

Milwaukee, WI
Level Contributor
600 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
Kensington Lodging for 4 Adults???

We are bringing my parents along for a visit to London and a friend lives in the Kensington area so suggested we try to stay nearby. First, how convenient will we be for sightseeing, etc. since this is our first time here? We would also like an area where we can walk to restaurants or bars. And any properties you would suggest that work for 4 adults -- we would prefer two rooms, possibly breakfast included or a large suite. Thank you.

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
41,461 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kensington Lodging for 4 Adults???

There are a number of Kensingtons but for tourist purposes there are two: South Kensington and the area around High Street Kensington. Knowing which one could make a difference to our advice and a budget in pounds would also allow us to make suggestions.

One final thought: an apartment might prove suitable as it would allow you more freedom. There are a number in and around the area so do consider this option and let us know what you think.

Milwaukee, WI
Level Contributor
600 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kensington Lodging for 4 Adults???

My friend is traveling for a few weeks and out-of-reach but I would like to consider some properties now. Sorry I can't provide more info until I get a general feel of the area and possible properties.

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
41,461 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kensington Lodging for 4 Adults???

At least then please provide an idea of your budget. In the meantime these three websites list several properties in the area that will give you an idea as to costs and quality -

http://www.aplacelikehome.co.uk/home.aspx

farnum-christ.com/kensington-south-kensingto…

londonperfect.com/apartments-for-rent-in-lon…

4. Re: Kensington Lodging for 4 Adults???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 April 2011, 06:46