We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel rooms w/ fireplaces

Level Contributor
82 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel rooms w/ fireplaces

I know finding a room with a gas fireplace is a long shot, but I just have to ask!!!

The specifics....not sure of the date, either Dec 21 or Dec 28, but it will be for 2 nights.

Looking for 2 rooms, four adults and a one year old. Prefer two separate rooms.

Location somewhere in the middle??? I know that is vague but we only have two days and most of the sights are spread out so we will probably tube or taxi here or there to see just a few sights.

Price around 150-250 pounds (about $3-400 USD) per room per night...staying 2 nights.

Fireplace either in the room or perhaps a great lobby area with a fireplace.

Trying to find a place that has that old English charm. I don't want to go to London to stay in a 4-5 star hotel (Four Seasons, Marriott, etc) when I already do that here in the states. I haven't ruled out a big hotel but I am looking for something special (aren't we all).

I just want our accommodations to be clean, spacious (if possible), and memorable (in a positive way).

Thanks for all of your advice!!!

Likely To Sell Out
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, Bath from...
5,297 Reviews
from US$126.30*
Likely To Sell Out
Warner Bros Harry Potter Admission...
477 Reviews
from US$105.00*
Special Offer
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, and Bath...
2,096 Reviews
from US$134.10*
Likely To Sell Out
Luxury Paris Day Trip with Champagne...
467 Reviews
from US$333.50*
Level Contributor
2,196 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel rooms w/ fireplaces

I doubt if any rooms have fireplaces because of Health and Safety regulations, but someone might know of a place.

Level Contributor
29,450 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel rooms w/ fireplaces

Considering that people have died in hotels from gas leaks (and particularly children) I doubt you will find ANY fires in Hotel rooms, but you might find real fires in lobbies and lounges. - here's some I have found on the web:

The Montague on the Gardens (Bloomsbury)

Radisson Edwardian Vanderbilt (Kensington)

Failing that, you can find pubs with real fires, here's a couple of lists, but google will find you more:

Level Contributor
8,644 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel rooms w/ fireplaces

I was about to mention the Montague, I'm pretty sure all of the Red Carnation hotels have real fires in the lounges and bars. They certainly have old charm and are a million miles away from a Hilton or a Marriott.

Anywhere But Here
Level Contributor
91 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel rooms w/ fireplaces

The Draycott Hotel, which has a refined english style, has fireplaces in their suites..

Level Contributor
82 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel rooms w/ fireplaces

After more looking and googling I did find several hotels with fireplaces at about $500usd / night/room....wow, but very nice.

We're now back to hotels with fireplaces in the lobbies.

The Radisson Edwardian Hotels are looking good.

Thanks all for your comments.

Level Contributor
4,324 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel rooms w/ fireplaces

We've stayed at the Radisson Mountbatten a few times, it's very close to Covent Garden at Seven Dials. A really nice hotel, modern decor, great service, very comfy. Highly recommend.

Oxford, England
Level Contributor
431 posts
435 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel rooms w/ fireplaces

Hoxton Hotel has fire in the lobby. Not very traditional hotel, modern and clean.

8. Re: Hotel rooms w/ fireplaces

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 May 2011, 05:17