We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Queues for London Eye?

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dublin, Ireland
5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Queues for London Eye?

I'm going to London for the day on Sat next - are the queues for the London Eye very long at this time of the year?

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
31,666 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Queues for London Eye?

If the weather is bad the queues won't be long, but neither will they be as long as they'd be in high summer.

In any case the queues are unlikely to be more than 30 minutes even in high summer

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Queues for London Eye?

I was there last Saturday looking to go on it, didn't bother because the queues for tickets were HORRENDOUS. It looked to me like a 30-60 minute Q for tickets. I don't know what the Q would have been like to get on, shorter I suppose, but still it must have overall made an hour.

We were there at what I would suspect is peak time, around noon, so I cant say what it would have been like had you got there when it opens , I woudl suspect much better but dont know for sure. Or you could buy timed tickets earlier though then you cannot use your 241's which we were planning to.

My advice is to go early (, or buy timed tickets online earlier, rather than buy on the day, though the downside is if the weather is bad, it wont be that good an experience.

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Leeds, Bradford
Level Contributor
18,013 posts
280 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Queues for London Eye?

You can pre book your tickets from their website - but this still involves a wait to get onto the eye.

www.londoneye.com/…

around about ireland
Level Contributor
336 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Queues for London Eye?

The other month We went on the eye and although the queue for the tickets was terrible, the queue for simply exchanging you're vouchers from other attractions (like we had done) was not bad at all, nor is the queuing up for the eye. If you are going on the eye and you arent too bothered about what the weather will be like, I advise you buy tickets online, they don't need to be fastpass, and yet they will still save you piles of time.

London, United...
Level Contributor
8,324 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Queues for London Eye?

Most people report a queue of 30 mins for tickets, then another 30 mins for the Eye, although this can vary a bit depending on the weather.

Dublin, Ireland
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Queues for London Eye?

Many thanks for all your replies ;)

I found a good deal on tickets on this site: www.365tickets.com

Is it a reliable site?

Oxford, England
Level Contributor
421 posts
402 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Queues for London Eye?

I went in March last year and only had to wait about 5 minutes. It was a very cold day!

8. Re: Queues for London Eye?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 May 2011, 06:19