We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

War Horse or When we were Married.

Caesarea, Israel
Level Contributor
156 posts
172 reviews
Save Topic
War Horse or When we were Married.

Choice of show with three kids: 11-16: War Horse or When we were Married. Someone said that War Horse is really devastating....and that When we were married much more of an upper.

Any opinions?

Likely To Sell Out
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, Bath from...
5,364 Reviews
from US$130.60*
Special Offer
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, and Bath...
2,131 Reviews
from US$139.30*
US$154.70
Likely To Sell Out
Warner Bros Harry Potter Admission...
519 Reviews
from US$117.80*
Likely To Sell Out
Luxury Paris Day Trip with Champagne...
478 Reviews
from US$347.80*
West London
Level Contributor
10,128 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: War Horse or When we were Married.

War Horse, without a doubt. There may be a few moist eyes at the end of the show but your children will almost certainly love it. The puppets are magical.

I haven't seen this version of When We Are Married but have seen an earlier version. It isn't something that kids would really relate too - lots of talking and old fashioned.

If you're coming in the next month or so, this is what I personally am really looking forward to seeing. It's been a long time since we had a good farce in a London theatre and it should be hilarious.

www.oldvictheatre.com/whatson.php?id=69

London, United...
Level Contributor
5,179 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: War Horse or When we were Married.

Definitely War Horse.

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
34,081 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: War Horse or When we were Married.

Have to agree with the choice of War Horse. But rather than booking direct check out seetickets as when I booked it was substantially cheaper to book through them rather than direct

Guildford, England
Level Contributor
5,815 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: War Horse or When we were Married.

I've seen both.

War Horse will be enjoyed far more by the kids.

Tennessee.USA
Level Contributor
390 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: War Horse or When we were Married.

I saw ''War Horse'' earlier this month. It's a must see show.

There were school groups in the audience and the children were into the play from the very beginning, never making a sound.

I think it's a good show for all ages.

Illinois
Level Contributor
17,869 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: War Horse or When we were Married.

My daughter loved War Horse at 11 y/o. It is sad, though. I haven't seen When We Were Married. I actually went back and saw War Horse a 2nd time on a solo trip. DD also liked Wicked. She said War Horse was good but sad and Wicked was good but funny. IMO War Horse is more of a must see though. Wicked wasn't all that different from other musicals. War Horse is more unique. I booked direct with the theatre as I could choose my seats and Seetickets assigned them. At the time, I was paying full price for both, though.

Boulder, Colorado
Level Contributor
325 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: War Horse or When we were Married.

War Horse

The evening we saw the play there were a couple of school groups, one pre-teens and the other older teens and both seemed to enjoy the show AND gave full attention with no distractions.

Alta, Norway
Level Contributor
1,509 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: War Horse or When we were Married.

War Horse

Kentucky
Level Contributor
2,858 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: War Horse or When we were Married.

War Horse is...."devastating?" Does that mean he....doesn't find....the horse....after....the....war?

Never mind. Don't spoil it....

10. Re: War Horse or When we were Married.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 May 2011, 06:41