We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best travel lodge

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Gibraltar
Level Contributor
2,151 posts
72 reviews
Save Topic
best travel lodge

Hi

We'll be staying overnight...the plan is to watch a match at Stamford Bridge and visit Madame Taussauds. Which is the best Travel Lodge to stay at near either of these venues?

Thanks

London
Level Contributor
3,773 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: best travel lodge

There is no best Travel Lodge in London that is both cheapest, most central, most comfortable and also most central.

No sure why you specifically say Travel Lodge as either a brand or type of low cost no frills budget hotel,

Travelodge the brand is not particualrly cheap in London unless you can get a saver rate. Otherwise you're looking at about 80-90 GBP.

Bed & Breakfsats around Kings Cross are about £25 cheaper and come with breakfast.

If cost is your overiding buying criteria and tou want a low cost budget chain then easyHotel Kensington might be worth looking at, its cheap and walkable to Chelsea.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Gibraltar
Level Contributor
2,151 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: best travel lodge

Thanks....I'll look at th easyhotel.

The reason I'm looking at a Travel Lodge is because they're cheap and clean but I knowou know what I'll be getting. I don't want a cheap and nasty hotel. I also need 2 rooms as it's my DH and 3 kids too and there aren't many London Hotels that will take 5 in one room. Had a look at the Tara Copthorne in Kensington but that'sover £250 for a night. Not worth it IMO.

Any other ideas?

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Leeds, Bradford
Level Contributor
18,590 posts
279 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: best travel lodge

There is a Travelodge at Fulham which is close to Stamford Bridge, only about half a mile from the stadium. It is located just around the corner from Fulham Broadway tube station so is convenient for getting around London.

Ipswich, United...
Destination Expert
for Ipswich
Level Contributor
7,459 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: best travel lodge

The Travelodge at Euston may be useful for you. Just a short walk to Madam Tussauds, and the two at Kings Cross are not far away either. I've stayed at the Royal Scot twice and remain mystified by the bad reviews. Many of these dwell on the breakfasts but as they're not part of the room deal anyway they are irrelevant when it comes to the value and condition of the room, and there are loads of cafes in the vicinity in any case.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Gibraltar
Level Contributor
2,151 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: best travel lodge

Thanks for that....I'll look into it. I like the idea of being able to walk to Madame Taussauds.Also came across the Draycotts of Chelsea apartments, £175 for a night which is not bad, it's what 2 Travel Lodge rooms will cost.

BTW sorry for the spellings in my previous post....I was in a hurry;)

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
40,845 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: best travel lodge

You do have to be careful when booking Travelodges in London as not all of them are the same. Some, such as The Royal Scot mentioned above and the Marylebone one are older conversions and sorely lacking in quality. Some of the newer ones such as Fulham (handy for the Bridge), Waterloo and Southwark are new builds and a safer bet.

The location of the Draycott Apartments is good being both in a nice area and an easy journey around the District line to the ground but some of the reviews are a tad worrying.

7. Re: best travel lodge

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 May 2011, 06:39