We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas Shopping

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Newton Abbot, Devon
Level Contributor
275 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Christmas Shopping

Taking my wife to London to celebrate her 50th ,weekend before Christmas doing 2 shows but I am sure she will want to do some shopping, we are staying near Hyde Park, where shall we head too, to start with, its been a long time since we were in London. Which tube station should we head for? Peter

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
31,666 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Christmas Shopping

For Westfield - uk.westfield.com/london/getting-there/tube

For Oxford Street / Regent Street - Oxford Circus or Bond Street

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
2,788 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Christmas Shopping

To some extent it depends on whereabouts near Hyde Park you are, but head for Oxford St/Bond St/Regent St (possibly a walk from where you are staying, otherwise Central Line to Marble Arch, Bond St or Oxford Circus) and Westfield (Central Line to White City) for a massive indoor shopping centre

Covent Garden/Seven Dials is also worth a visit for more individual shops

Hitchin, United...
Level Contributor
8,322 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Christmas Shopping

Oxford Street starts at Marble Arch and heads Eastwards... orientate yourself on Google Maps and you'll see tube stations superimposed on the streets. Put Marble Arch into your search box and look east from there. The run of shops pretty much ends at Tottenham Court Road, and on the map you'll see that Oxford Circus tube is pretty much the mid way point.

All of the more interesting and better shops are West of Oxford Circus, as you get east it becomes a big claggy, dominated by music, cheap clothing and sports shops. Just off the Western segment you have Bond Street, as mentioned above, which is high end stuff, but still nice to look at if you're poor like me.

As Pintpot says, it depends on where near Hyde Park you are, but if you are to the North (i.e. near to a Central Line station) then Westfield is only a short tube ride... it's pretty good, but busy this month. Best seen of a late midweek evening I think.

And another vote for 7 dials, some nice quirky stuff around there.

Edited: 30 November 2010, 13:00
4. Re: Christmas Shopping

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 May 2011, 05:17