We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

jack the ripper tour?

south australia
Level Contributor
159 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
jack the ripper tour?

Hi all,

I would love to do the Jack the ripper tour while we are there. Can anyone tell me if theres a minimum age and if it will be alright for my 14 year old son. He would love to go also.

thanks

Strawberry Tours - Free Walking Tours London
Bar, Club & Pub Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Walking Tours, Sightseeing Tours
The English Bus
Sightseeing Tours, Bus Tours, City Tours, Cultural Tours, Day Trips
Fun London Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Walking Tours, City Tours, Private Tours
London Black Taxi Tours
Sightseeing Tours, City Tours, Cultural Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Private Tours
Ottawa, ON
Level Contributor
928 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: jack the ripper tour?

The description of the murders is quite detailed and graphic. The time I went on it, the 10 year old boys seemed to love it best.

pensacola fl
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: jack the ripper tour?

By all means go, the one we went on was guided by a professional actor. It was very entertaining, and informative. It was also an excellent value for the price (five pounds in 2002). As far as a minimum age, we took our 11 yr old son with no problem, and I'm sure that there were younger children than that. Cheers, Steve.

south australia
Level Contributor
159 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: jack the ripper tour?

thanks for the help so far.....one more question though, I have just googled for the tour and have found out that there are lots of different tour companies doing the tour and that there are many varied types of tours....any advice on which one is the best would be great. I would love to do one that is filled with lots of atmosphere...bumps in the night, that sort of thing not just your run of the mill guided tour.

thanks for all your help

Upminster, United...
Level Contributor
11,284 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: jack the ripper tour?

So long as you take some of what they say with a pinch of salt. Don't forget these are unsolved murders so no one knows where Jack lived.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
5,456 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: jack the ripper tour?

See Original London Walks website www.walks.com - I bet that you'll end up going on more than one walk! : )

UK
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: jack the ripper tour?

Have you considered the London Dungeon - near London Bridge Train Station. That is ideal for teenagers but not for sensitive pre teens. My son refused to continue to the end at age 10.

St. George UT
Level Contributor
107 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: jack the ripper tour?

The London Walks tour is the best! Try to get the one lead by Don; he wrote a book on the subject.

Level Contributor
133 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: jack the ripper tour?

London Walks with Donald Rumbelow guiding is the best. it can get very crowded however. tkae a look at their website. Just search for Origional London Walks.

Jean

Yalesville...
Level Contributor
17,913 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: jack the ripper tour?

I have been in contact with London Original Walks and they admit that the 'Ripper' walks do get crowded. I can attest to that. Even if they break up the walks into smaller groups, it is still difficult to hear the guide if you happen to be in the back of the pack, no matter how loud people think they speak!!!! And don't bank on having Donald Rumbelow as your guide. You get who you get--even checking with OLW on the day of a walk and being assured Mr. R would guide, he came up ill and we had a substitute. Our group was around 80 and they had no one other guides availabe to split up the group-it was awful. I am told their other walks are mor civilized and I will be giving them another chance in a few weeks. Good Luck. Poppa

south australia
Level Contributor
159 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: jack the ripper tour?

thanks for all your help....the walk sounds great and the dungeon sounds like a winner for us too.