We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel in London for New Year's Eve

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
qatar
Level Contributor
165 posts
73 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel in London for New Year's Eve

Any recommended hotel to enjoy New Year's Eve in London?

Near the action, or can see the Fire Work from the room...

I don't mind to pay more.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
55,123 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel in London for New Year's Eve

Not sure about rooms with river views when booking at this time, but try the Guoman Charing Cross Hotel, with rooms from about £350, the Park Plaza Westminster Bridge with rooms from £305 and the Swissotel the Howard with rooms from £480.

SACO Apartments have availability for a flat near the junction of Fleet Street and Fetter Lane from about £220 a night. It's not a bad location, within walking distance of the river, and could be worth a go.

qatar
Level Contributor
165 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel in London for New Year's Eve

Booked the Swissotel the Howard!

Thanks for the advice!

but maybe better to watch the Fire works from the embankment, right?!

too cold?

Washington DC
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel in London for New Year's Eve

if your hotel room is on a top level floor, I would suggest watching it from there as outside will be packed. embankment is actually a nice place to watch it from. you will get a good view of the river and major landmarks in the city of London

Hitchin, United...
Level Contributor
8,322 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel in London for New Year's Eve

"but maybe better to watch the Fire works from the embankment, right?!"

I'm not so sure. People start to take their places on the Embankment from 5pm onwards... once the viewing areas are full, they're full, no more people are allowed in. Last year they filled up by around 9pm. In my view it's too much standing around for 10 minutes of fireworks. A long ride for a short slide, as we sometimes say.

If you've paid to get a room overlooking the river I think I'd get the drinks in and enjoy the view from the hotel, much cosier.

5. Re: Hotel in London for New Year's Eve

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 June 2011, 06:19