We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

to get to Bluewater Shopping centre from my hotel

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
russia
Level Contributor
31 posts
1 review
Save Topic
to get to Bluewater Shopping centre from my hotel

Dear friends! Could you please help me: how can we get to Bluewater Shopping centre from our hotel Park Plaza Westminster Bridge (close to Westminster Bridge)? But without tube (I don"t like it). Perhaps, by coach, by train.

A lot of thanks in advance.

Bedford
Level Contributor
61 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: to get to Bluewater Shopping centre from my hotel

Do you have a special reason for going? If not, why bother? If you're visiting London for the shopping, why not shop in central London, rather than in an out of town shopping centre, which won't have anything that isn't available in central London.

Kent, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
7,457 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: to get to Bluewater Shopping centre from my hotel

Westfield is a much better shopping centre and its easier to get to

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
20,752 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: to get to Bluewater Shopping centre from my hotel

Is there some reason why you want to go to Bluewater - virtually everything there is available nearer - and by the 12 or 159 bus from Westminster Bridge to Oxford Street.

Alternatively you could try Westfield which is arguably much better than Bluewater. You can get the 148 bus from Westminster Bridge to it, but it will take about an hour.

http://uk.westfield.com/london/

London, United...
Level Contributor
12,623 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: to get to Bluewater Shopping centre from my hotel

Walk to Waterloo East train station. From there buy a ticket for Bluewater. The train you want goes to Greenhithe and there is a bus from the Greenhithe to Bluewater. It's only a few minutes and if you already have a ticket for Bluewater the bus is included in the price.

There's a lot to see in Bluewater that is hard to find in central London. Still not sure if it's worth the journey, though.

London, United...
Level Contributor
11,396 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: to get to Bluewater Shopping centre from my hotel

> if you already have a ticket for Bluewater the bus is included in the price <

Only for some of the buses. There is now a confusing system whereby some buses do and some don't accept the through ticket. I've not worked it out yet.

russia
Level Contributor
31 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: to get to Bluewater Shopping centre from my hotel

Dear friends, I am very grateful to you for your advices and help. We (me and my daughter) really want to dedicate one day in London for shopping. I have choosen this mall because I have read a lot of very good reviews about it: "This is shopping for more discerning person", "The surrounding area is beautiful" etc.

Thank you for your info about Westfield centre. It would be more better for us to get to the shopping centre for 1 hour than 2 hours.

If it isn"t very difficult for you could you please advice me some more shopping malls in London (not very expensive but not cheap)?

Edited: 11 December 2010, 01:26
London, United...
Level Contributor
11,396 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: to get to Bluewater Shopping centre from my hotel

> "The surrounding area is beautiful" <

Hah! It's in a disused quarry!

London, England
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
9,570 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: to get to Bluewater Shopping centre from my hotel

The Glades in Bromley is a reasonably good shopping mall and there is also a High Street just outside with lots of shops.

It has fewer high end shops than Westfield, so it may suit a more modest budget, while not being too down market.

It is a short distance up the High Street from the Bromley South Railway Station.

There are frequent trains from Victoria Railway Station that take about 20 minutes. Buses run frequently between Westminster and Victoria, or you could walk to Victoria if you were so inclined.

Bromley itself is a pleasant suburban town and a much nicer setting than Bluewater.

http://www.theglades.uk.com/

Edited: 11 December 2010, 09:16
London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
20,752 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: to get to Bluewater Shopping centre from my hotel

Honestly, if you want a mall then Westfield is probably the best bet - not only is it much better then Bluewater but easier to get to (the 148 bus I mentioned earlier goes from practically outside your hotel).

Alternatively I would not dismiss Regent St/Oxford St which again is easy by bus from your hotel - the 12,159,453 (to Oxford Circus), all from virtually outside the hotel and about 15-30 minutes depending on where you get off. I would not schlep out to the suburbs with these available so near.

Kent, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
7,457 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: to get to Bluewater Shopping centre from my hotel

Westfield is VAST - certainly a day trip needed -the only shop it lacks is a branch of John Lewis (in my mind the best department store in London ) but the main John Lewis store is easy to find at Oxford Circus