We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Theatre Ticket Refund

Hong Kong
Level Contributor
115 posts
99 reviews
Save Topic
Theatre Ticket Refund

Hi everyone,

Looks like we may have to cancel our upcoming trip to London due to the severe weather condition. EXTREMELY disheartening! We bought "Love Never Dies" tickets via Get into London Theatre for Jan 1. I am fully aware that theatre tickets are non-refundable, but any chance we can get a refund under these special circumstances? I emailed Get into London Theatre but no reply so far. Your advice is very much appreciated.

Southern California
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Theatre Ticket Refund

I don't know the answer, but I'm in the exact same boat. Scheduled to fly to London on Sunday. Have tickets for a 1 January play (Romeo & Juliet).

Hong Kong
Level Contributor
115 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Theatre Ticket Refund

hahaha...yes, same boat same day just a different play.

Upminster, United...
Level Contributor
11,284 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Theatre Ticket Refund

When are you flying in ?

You have another 10 days until the 1st.

Hong Kong
Level Contributor
115 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Theatre Ticket Refund

We are flying out from Asia on Dec 25, supposed to arrive early morning Boxing Day. What we saw on BBC looked really bad.

London, United...
Level Contributor
11,395 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Theatre Ticket Refund

If you are very lucky a generous theatre MIGHT offer a refund if they are able to re-sell the ticket.

Your best chance is probably to sell it on eBay.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,290 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Theatre Ticket Refund

I reluctantly cancelled my trip today (already in Singapore) enroute to London from Australia but someimes harsh decisions have to be made. I am in a similar situation where I have hundred of pounds of tickets to the theatre over the next 10 days and not sure what to do. Most of them are to be picked up at the box office after showing your credit card.

I double booked a show in New York the other week and contacted the theatre to tell them they could give the ticket away or re-sell it but did not even get a thank you reply so I wont be doing that again. Hate to see an empty seat at the theatre and I am not asking for money but a thankyou for a 55 pound ticket woud be nice. Any suggestions what to do with the ones I have for Lodnon? Too late for Ebay.

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
21,711 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Theatre Ticket Refund

Try seatwave? Think it works but bear in mind lots of people may be offloading tickets due to cancelled travel plans....

http://www.seatwave.com/sell/sell00b.aspx

Edit: Oops - I suspect you'll be too far away to send tickets in time (both TPHK and PedroPerth).

Edited: 21 December 2010, 15:51
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,290 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Theatre Ticket Refund

What about giving then away and when the person picks the tickets up from the box office they can just say they were a present (which indeed they will be). I have got some fantastic seats to some great shows so it would be a shame to see them go to waste.

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
41,157 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Theatre Ticket Refund

Last year a TALFer had to cancel their trip at the last minute and very kindly offered me the chance to see 'The Misanthrope'. We exchanged e-mail addresses via the PM facility and the person then mailed me the ticket.

I suspect you won't have time for that so the only alternative would be to trust the person with your credit card details and let them collect the tickets - an e-mail to the box office (with a copy to Mr or Mrs X) stating that you cannot attend and Mr or Mrs X will collect the tickets is also advisable. Appreciate this does carry a risk but I've done that in the past without difficulty.

London
Level Contributor
8,329 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Theatre Ticket Refund

I happily used a ticket to see Sunset Boulevard from a fellow TALF user. Again, admittedly, there was time for it to be posted to me.