We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

heathrow to earls court station

Perth, Australia
3 posts
Save Topic
heathrow to earls court station

What the easiest way from Heathrow to Earls Court station after 6:30 pm on the weekend? If I get on the piccadilly line will I have to change trains somewhere?.Or is it quicker and easier to go on the Heathrow Express to Paddington and then catch a tube to Earls Court?

Likely To Sell Out
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle and Bath...
5,254 reviews
from US$127.50*
Likely To Sell Out
Making of Harry Potter Round-Trip...
456 reviews
from US$106.00*
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, Bath...
2,085 reviews
from US$150.40*
Special Offer
Luxury Paris Day Trip with Champagne...
464 reviews
from US$302.90*
US$336.60
Redlands, California
Level Contributor
5,730 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: heathrow to earls court station

No change, it is direct. Taking the train to Paddington and then catching the tube would be both pointless and expensive. The Express is fast (and absurdly expensive) but the time you'd spend getting to the Underground station, buying a ticket, and waiting for a train would eat up any time savings. Just board the Piccadilly line at Heathrow and relax. Its about 30-35 minutes if I recall.

Texas
Level Contributor
21 posts
411 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: heathrow to earls court station

We took the tube from Heathrow to Earl's Court on the Piccadilly line. Very easy and direct. Took about 40 minutes or so.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
56,860 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: heathrow to earls court station

Paddington is miles away from Earl's Court, the Piccadilly line is the way to go.

Sit near-ish the front of the train as it's nearest the lift (yes!) up from train platform to the ticket hall for the Earl's Court Road way out. There are seven steps up from ticket hall to street level but if you have wheeled bags there is a small ramp to the left after you pass through the barriers.

What is your destination from Earl's Court station?

Perth, Australia
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: heathrow to earls court station

Thanks everyone that sounds very easy, staying at the YHA Earls court a 5 minute walk apparrently. I plan to buy a travelcard as I am in london for 6 days its look the cheapest way, what do you think? I plan to see the usual London sights, see a show maybe go to Bath/stonehenge and then a trip to Rugby to see relatives. I know i cant use it for that trip. Is it easy to get to Stonehenge yourself or should i take a tour being January and all?

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
56,860 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: heathrow to earls court station

A seven day Travelcard for zones 1 and 2 at £27.60 plus a bit of PAYG money for hte journey from LHR to zone 2 (£1.40) will be the business. If you want to add a bit more PAYG money you may do so when you buy the card at Heathrow or add a bit at Tube station ticket machines with yellow touch pads. The £5 deposit for the Oyster itself is refundable, as is unused PAYG money.

It is a short walk from Earl's Court station to the YHA hostel. Use the Earl's Court Road way out, cross the road at the light (it's right in front of the station) and turn right. You'll pass Barkston Gardens, Bramham Gardens with Bolton Gardens the next turning on the left - the hostel is just a few metres along on the right.

London
Level Contributor
3,773 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: heathrow to earls court station

Regards Stonehenge you can do it independently by train to Salisbury, then the Stonehenge Tour Bus that picks up at Salisbury Station.

However its quicker and cheaper to take a tour.

If you want to see Bath as well, Anderson's do a Stonehenge and Bath day tour every day for about £50 including admissions which unlike most tours give you reasonable time in Bath.

Very few people stay longer than an hour at Stonehenge, the tour buses commonly staying 50 minutes.

Perth, Australia
3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: heathrow to earls court station

Thanks for the help.

I heard about getting really cheap tickets to London shows (Musicals etc..) They said to go on Tuesdays I think to Covent Gardens somewhere. I can't remember the details does anyone know about this?

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
22,627 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: heathrow to earls court station

You can get discount tickets for London theatres at the TKTS booth in Leicester Square - for that day's shows (any day, including matinees).

Until mid feb there is a promotion by London Theatres which is very good value called get into London theatre -with great seats at half price for a wide range of shows and plays.

http://www.getintolondontheatre.co.uk/

http://www.officiallondontheatre.co.uk/tkts/

9. Re: heathrow to earls court station

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 July 2011, 06:25