We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Message for Pub ew the Black Friars Pub

London, United...
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
3,837 posts
Save Topic
Message for Pub ew the Black Friars Pub

Hi Pub,

You said on another thread that you plan on visiting the Black Friars pub so you will be pleased to know that the Black Frairs pub do serve Young's. I stopped off on the way home tonight and as well as Younds, the other regular beers are Old Speckled Hen, London Pride and Timothy Taylor's Landlord.

On a similar note, have you ever been to the Market Porter, nect to Borough Market? Whilst they don't serve Youngs, their regular beer is Harvey's of Sussex. However, they do have 4 or 5 guest beers at any one time and it is a great pub to try different UK beers that you wouldn't normally find in a London pub.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
3,837 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Message for Pub ew the Black Friars Pub

Of course, the title should be 'Message for Pub re the Black Friars Pub'. God only knows what 'ew' mwans.

Halifax, NS
Level Contributor
3,262 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Message for Pub ew the Black Friars Pub

As an Art Nouveau freak, the Black Friars is one of my favourite pubs and I do like Old Speckled Hen. Don't miss it Pub.

Salem, Oregon
Level Contributor
5,414 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Message for Pub ew the Black Friars Pub

God only knows what 'ew' mwans.

Mick, have you taken up Welsh? :)

S.F.
Level Contributor
6,302 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Message for Pub ew the Black Friars Pub

Mick, thanks for the note mate. Of course Young's is my favorite but I do seek to try as many U.K. real ales as possible every time I'm there. Some of my favorites have been from Oakam. I have not been to the Market Porter but I have heard you and others speak highly of it. Looking forward to our next trip, even though it's quite a ways away. Cheers, Pub

Indianapolis
Level Contributor
427 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Message for Pub ew the Black Friars Pub

Youngs on handpull at The Blackfriar! A choice of Young's, Fuller's or Tim Taylor's?!! Much has changed since my last visit 10 months ago. Looks I will be leaving this lovely site to go peruse Travelocity, Orbitz and Expedia. Thanks for the heads up, Mick.

Des Moines, Iowa
Level Contributor
688 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Message for Pub ew the Black Friars Pub

I had Timothy Taylors Landlord at Blackfriars in Sept. Very nice.

At the Market Porter I had a Boathouse Bitter (the brewer escapes me). I don't remember it that well . . .