We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tea with kids?

Seattle
Level Contributor
67 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Tea with kids?

Could I take my 3 year old to afternoon tea (high tea?).

I think it would be a great experience for my 10 year old.

Any kid friendly places?

Thanks!

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
55,370 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tea with kids?

Afternoon tea can be a drawn out occasion with lots of refills and lingering over the food and drink. You know your youngest better than we do, so if s/he would find a lengthy service dull then a smart hotel tea may not be high on his or her wish list.

The Grosvenor House Hotel offers a tea service designed for children as well as afternoon tea for adults. The Orangery at Kensington Palace is fairly family-friendly and may appeal to all. Have a look at the Portrait Cafe at the National Portrait Gallery, where tea is served seven days a week.

Seattle
Level Contributor
67 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Tea with kids?

Thanks Travellerplus!

You're a wealth of information!

Hitchin, United...
Level Contributor
8,331 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tea with kids?

I'd say any of the Peyton and Byrne cafes, they're very casual places but the standard of cakes and preserves is good. I've been in the National Cafe at the National Gallery, and the cafe in The Wellcome Collection and they're both great.

http://www.peytonandbyrne.co.uk/

Cradley Heath...
Level Contributor
85 posts
312 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tea with kids?

Ive just taken my 3 kids aged 3,7 +9 to Browns Hotel for afternoon tea. Consisting finger sandwiches, scones and cakes with tea.

The big plus was no dress code with jeans and trainers allowed. Children are charged half adult price with no charge for the 3 year old. The staff made my children feel as important as the adults and gave them a sense of occassion, also the refills were more discreet. The children can also order hot chocolate or soft drinks instead of tea for the same price. I also noted other family groups at Langhams Hotel but prefered the ambience of Browns.

england
Level Contributor
5,438 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tea with kids?

Am I the only person left that thinks kids are young goats? I am insulted if people ask if I have kids. No, I am not a goat, I have children.

6. Re: Tea with kids?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 July 2011, 06:19