We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

London shortstay apartments

Hessle, United...
9 posts
Save Topic
London shortstay apartments

Has anyone used this website to book self catering accommodation in London? Are they reputable? They seem very good prices and locations. Are they too good to be true?

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
56,205 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: London shortstay apartments

I can't locate a website called London shortstay apartments. If you're thinking of www.shortstay-london.com then yes, it's a reliable website. If you find a flat you like please let us have the link as another TALFer may know or have stayed in the flat.

Hessle, United...
9 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: London shortstay apartments

thanks for the reply the website is www.london-shortstay.co.uk.

The apartments all look very good on the site.

The address is:

LondonShortStay Apartments Inc.

128 Kilburn Lane,

London

W9 3EG

United Kingdom

Tel: +44 (0)208 144 6858

Fax: +44 (0)207 681 3493

Thank you in advance for any replies.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
56,205 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: London shortstay apartments

Ah. www.london-shortstay.co.uk is a website with which I would not book a flat, wouldn't even use someone else's money to do so. Why? First of all, the company wants both deposit and rent paid by bank transfer. Second, and perhaps more germane, is that they purport to offer a flat for three people in Chelsea - with free car parking! - for £35 a night; a two bedroom flat for five for £45 a night.

The photographs may look good but the site is a scam, and a badly produced one as well. £35 may procure 24h of parking in Chelsea but most assuredly won't pay for a cupboard in most short stay flats in SW3.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
1,342 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: London shortstay apartments

The company with a very similar name has properties with believable prices.

http://www.shortstay-london.com/

The featured property on the shonk site is particularly appealing.

65 pound for a luxurious two bedroom apartment

http://www.london-shortstay.co.uk/

In your dreams!

Unfortunately if they seem too good to be true, they pretty well always are.

Edited: 13 January 2011, 00:31
5. Re: London shortstay apartments

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 15 January 2011, 14:35
London
Destination Expert
for Thirassia, Fira
Level Contributor
14,480 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: London shortstay apartments

No, LandlordLetting - Gumtree is one site I would NOT pick a shortstay apartment from in most instances.

OP - check the 'sticky' at the top of the page re: short term rental in London. Its got many helpful tips.

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
41,629 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: London shortstay apartments

I'm sure Kenny won't mind me reiterating that you should avoid Gumtree and other unverified sites such as Craig's List. I think someone did an (admittedly arbitrary and unscientific) survey recently where they estimated that around 80's of the properties advertised were scams in one form or another.

Hessle, United...
9 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: London shortstay apartments

Thank you for all your replies and help, Can you recommend any other sites that are reputable? I have found several such as Coach House London vacation rentals, Home and Away, Owners direct and a place like home. The list seems endless. Thank you.

Hessle, United...
9 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: London shortstay apartments

Thank you for all your replies and help, Can you recommend any other sites that are reputable? I have found several such as Coach House London vacation rentals, Home and Away, Owners direct and a place like home. The list seems endless. Thank you.

Level Contributor
527 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: London shortstay apartments

Gumtree is the last place to look for lodging, right next to Craigslist.

Is that where you put your "properties," LandlordLetting?