We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Places to eat near Wyndhams Theatre

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Hayti, Missouri
Level Contributor
2,424 posts
50 reviews
Save Topic
Places to eat near Wyndhams Theatre

So it has been a very long time since I've been around here. 2010 did not treat me very well, but fortunately, it is now over! And I am back to planning another trip to Europe.

In August, I plan to visit Paris, but somehow got roped into a day trip to London to see "Much Ado About Nothing" at the Wyndhams Theatre. My question for you all (and I have missed you all quite a bit!) is about restaurants in the area. At the moment, I don't have any particular budget in mind, so general suggestions would be much appreciated.

And I promise to hang around here on the London forums more this year!

Edited: 13 January 2011, 18:21
London, United...
Level Contributor
9,000 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Places to eat near Wyndhams Theatre

Welcome back.

If you like fish/shellfish then JSheekey is very near.

If you are looking for pre-theatre then Portraits, on the top floor of the National Portrait Gallery is good and has nice views.

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
20,744 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Places to eat near Wyndhams Theatre

As you probably know there's pretty much anything that life can afford ( and a few things it can't!) within a short walk

Cafe med, Brown's (St Martin's lane), Asia de cuba at St Martin's Lane hotel, Porter's Covent Garden, Rules Maiden Street, Mon Plaisir Monmouth St, Cafe des amis du vin, the good old Cork and Bottle, the Ivy, Atelier, and all the usual cafe suspects like Eat, Pret and caffe Nero have branches in and around.

And Chinatown.

Hayti, Missouri
Level Contributor
2,424 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Places to eat near Wyndhams Theatre

I forgot to mention that I'm looking for something after a matinee show, although I'm assuming that qualifies as pre-theatre, as far as timing goes, right? So if there's anywhere that has a good pre-theatre menu, that would work, too!

Edited: 13 January 2011, 21:11
Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
40,246 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Places to eat near Wyndhams Theatre

Good to have you back Robm.

I don't think you can go far wrong with any of parklandwalk's suggestions. I'm a fan of Browns but it can get very busy especially towards the end of the week.

Hayti, Missouri
Level Contributor
2,424 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Places to eat near Wyndhams Theatre

Thanks, Adam!

Browns sounds really good (especially after looking over the menu) and along the lines of what I think I'll be in the mood for. How busy is that going to be on a Saturday evening around 18:00 (6 p.m.)? I will probably have a train to catch at 8 and want to make sure I have time to get back to St. Pancras. Although I am inclined to take a later train, if one is available.

6. Re: Places to eat near Wyndhams Theatre

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 January 2012, 06:16