We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

London accomodation room only

Forlimpopoli, Italy
Level Contributor
21 posts
101 reviews
Save Topic
London accomodation room only

I'm looking for accomodation in London offering the room only.

I don't care of the breakfast but all seem to offer it, except for college accomodation but they are closed to guests now.

Any place I can get the room only? I don't mean to pay for breakfast as well and not have it.

London
Level Contributor
3,773 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: London accomodation room only

At the bufget end of the market I don't think you will find much/any difference in price in much of the budget accommodation (which I assume you are looking at?) whether breakfsat is included or not.

One option is the Wardonia Hotel in Kings Cross though no cheaper than similar places around where breakfast is included.

Ambler, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
982 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: London accomodation room only

Hi: Try Travelodge... they offer some rock-bottom Saver Rates at many of their London locations.

http://www.travelodge.co.uk/saver_rooms/

Olney, Maryland
Level Contributor
7,414 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: London accomodation room only

If you want clean but inexpensive, I'd try the Euro Hammersmith Hotel. It's often GBP35 per night, and you get breakfast. The main office is in one building, but you might stay in any of a number of adjacent buildings. They are all near: Shepherds Bush (H&C and Central, 2 separate tube stations), and Goldhawk Rd (H&C). Clean, tiny rooms, and inexpensive.

Forlimpopoli, Italy
Level Contributor
21 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: London accomodation room only

Ok, I'm afraid the question wasn't clear, I have never said I'm cutting out breakfast to save money.

The reason why I don't want to have breakfast in hotel is because it's normally small and horrible, so I want to go out and buy a decent breakfast. But at the same time I refuse to pay breakfast to the hotel because I am just not gifting them money, right?

So I am really looking for bed only.

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
33,137 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: London accomodation room only

At the budget end there's little difference in price with or without breakfast, so the result of *only* selecting places that don't offer breakfast is that you restrict your choice and may not even save money.

Forlimpopoli, Italy
Level Contributor
21 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: London accomodation room only

I'll try to reformulate. Whether you like/approve/stand my choice at all, is there anyone here who knows places offering room only?

PS: please don't go off topic, I'm not asking your opinion, I am asking for hotel names.

Edited: 27 January 2011, 09:44
London, United...
Level Contributor
9,763 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: London accomodation room only

If you are not seeking a money saving option then it's easy. The Savoy or The Ritz, both very well located.

Hove, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,945 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: London accomodation room only

Not knowing your budget it's difficult to make precise recommendations, however the budget chains Travelodge, Premier Inn and Ibis all offer room only rates at a reasonable cost.

Also if there are particular small hotels you like the look of, it wouldn't do any harm in contacting them and asking them if they would do a room only rate. You most likely wouldn't save a great deal but it's worth a try.

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
33,137 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: London accomodation room only

Here's my viewpoint.

You are fixating on "no breakfast" rather than "cost", "location" or "facilties" which to me (and virtually everyone else) are far more important.

If "no breakfast" is your main concern then you immediately rule out a large number of hotels that you would find more than satisfactory - and which may well be cheaper, better located and have better facilities than the one you finally choose *just* because it doesn't offer breakfast.

If you are so certain that a hotel breakfast is going to be so awful then the real question you should be asking is "where do I get a good breakfast in London" and work backwards to the accommodation from there - then pick the one that is best for cost / location / facilities in your mind REGARDLESS of whether it offers breakfast or not

Queensland
Level Contributor
3,969 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: London accomodation room only

I don't know what hotels you have been looking at, but the majority of hotels I looked at didn't include breakfast! Ended up going with Rubens at the Palace, and the (great) deal we got doesn't include breakfast.

Also, even though you don't want people's opinions, unfortunately they are people, so you will get them anyway!