We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Eurostar to Paris with luggage

Boston...
Level Contributor
79 posts
70 reviews
Save Topic
Eurostar to Paris with luggage

Is this a bad idea? Originally thought of doing a one day trip but wouldn't mind staying overnite. Is it worth it hauling everything around the stations?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
11,123 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Eurostar to Paris with luggage

It's not a bad idea at all. There are plenty of people that take luggage on this trip and there are plenty of dedicated luggage areas.

It's only an overnight trip, so how much luggage are you actually planning to take?

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
52 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Eurostar to Paris with luggage

I agree. we have travelled to paris from london before for a 5 night stay. we brought luggage and it was fine. just make sure you use "travel friendly" luggage ie. trolley luggage with sturdy wheels, or bags that you can comfortably carry. have a great time!

Saint Louis
Level Contributor
302 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Eurostar to Paris with luggage

My niece and I will be spending a week in London and then want to take the Eurostar to Paris for our final 4 days. We will fly home from Paris so we will each be taking a large rolling suit case with us. Do we need to navigate any stairs or can we roll our luggage everywhere we go?

London, UK
Level Contributor
7,040 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Eurostar to Paris with luggage

You can roll luggage everywhere at the Eurostar stations except for a step or so into the train and then pacing the luggage in the racks available.

Upminster, United...
Level Contributor
11,284 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Eurostar to Paris with luggage

All luggage is scanned so you will have to be able to lift your case waist height.

Southport UK
Level Contributor
933 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Eurostar to Paris with luggage

From www.eurostar.com

Baggage Allowances

When you travel with Eurostar, you don’t usually need to check your luggage in. Each passenger can take up to 2 medium-sized items (85cm at their maximum length) with them on board, plus 1 small item of hand luggage. What’s more, provided none of your items are longer than 85cm at their longest length, there aren’t any weight restrictions. Of course, we do still need to make sure there is enough room for everybody’s bags, so if you bring more than the allowance mentioned above, you may need to pay an excess luggage charge of £25 per item.

I would add there are overhead racks in every coach and some additional space near the entrance to each coach.

As Mr Cellophane says everything goes through the scanner at St Pancras and you have to lift it onto the scanner. That includes my large walker!!

Gibel

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
5 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Eurostar to Paris with luggage

Hi Folks!

My husband is moving to France for a year (from India). We will be taking the eurostar from london to paris and will have 4 pieces of luggage between us (within the 85cm dimension limits). Are there luggage trolleys at St. Pancras that we can use upto the train?

Thanks!

Stuti

London, United...
Level Contributor
11,395 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Eurostar to Paris with luggage

flickr.com/photos/pikerslanefarm/2381870785/

UK
Level Contributor
49,560 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Eurostar to Paris with luggage

If you are returning to your London hotel, take an overnight bag to Paris and ask the hotel to look after your main luggage until your return.

France
Level Contributor
3 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Eurostar to Paris with luggage

There is a company I have used, www.expressbaggages.com takes your cases direct from your house/hotel and deliver them to your house/hotel, london to paris, paris to london, same day possible.