We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

London Pass/Days Out Spreadsheet through 30 APR 2011

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
USA
Level Contributor
6,981 posts
236 reviews
Save Topic
London Pass/Days Out Spreadsheet through 30 APR 2011

I have updated the spreadsheet to the best of my abilities. https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc…

The London Pass and Days Out 2 for 1 websites are a nuisance to wade through. The spreadsheet should help you evaluate discounts. I am not a fan of the London Pass, feeling that it is difficult to make it pay for itself. Decide for yourself. Columns show the regular adult price, the price with the London Pass, the price with the Days Out 2 for 1 offer, and the attraction name.

Restaurant and theatre offers follow the attraction listing. A list of absolutely free attractions follows, no London Pass and no Days Out vouchers needed. The final listing is for discounted (not "free") London Pass offers.

Days Out offers discounted lodging. Enter "Superbreak" in their search box and evaluate the offers for yourself.

The spreadsheet shows London offers only. Search the Days Out website for offers from other counties, the results are more manageable than for London.

This spreadsheet may contain errors and omissions.

I encourage you to double check the offer for any restrictions at http://www.daysoutguide.co.uk/ or in the Days Out brochures. Downloading the Days Out vouchers will force you to check for restrictions.

The full list of London Pass attractions is at: www.londonpass.com/attractionsFullList.asp . London Pass "special offer" price reductions that are not free are listed only if they are also Days Out offers. The London Pass is frequently discounted 10% at http://www.visitlondon.com/ .

To take advantage of the Days Out offers you will both need a rail ticket valid on that day. 1 and 7 day paper travelcards purchased at mainline rail stations (not tube stations) meet this requirement. Oyster cards do not qualify. You must also present a Days Out voucher. Vouchers are in Days Out brochures available at train stations or may be downloaded.

USA
Level Contributor
6,981 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: London Pass/Days Out Spreadsheet through 30 APR 2011

Current Regular/Discounted London Pass prices from http://www.visitlondon.com/ :

1 Day Adult Pass £43.00/£38.70

1 Day Child Pass £28.00/£25.20

2 Day Adult Pass £58.00/£52.20

2 Day Child Pass £43.00/£38.70

3 Day Adult Pass £71.00/£63.90

3 Day Child Pass £48.00/£43.20

6 Day Adult Pass £94.00/£84.60

6 Day Child Pass £67.00/£60.30

USA
Level Contributor
6,981 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: London Pass/Days Out Spreadsheet through 30 APR 2011

Feel free to share the long link to this thread or the tiny http://tinyurl.com/46xhrhy with anyone who asks about the London Pass or Days Out offers.

Boston...
Level Contributor
297 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: London Pass/Days Out Spreadsheet through 30 APR 2011

amazing, useful. Thank you for doing that

USA
Level Contributor
6,981 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: London Pass/Days Out Spreadsheet through 30 APR 2011

I have brought the google spreadsheet up to date to the best of my abilities. Many Days Out theatre offerings expire at the end of this month and many other offerings expire at the end of April. Past experience suggests that most Days Out offers will be extended, a few will drop off, and a few will be added.

I added color coding to highlight the London Pass prices in blue and the Days Out prices in yellow. I welcome any corrections or suggestions on this thread.

London, United...
Level Contributor
11,395 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: London Pass/Days Out Spreadsheet through 30 APR 2011

You continue to impress, hoogo.

York, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
65 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: London Pass/Days Out Spreadsheet through 30 APR 2011

Wow, Thank You! Great Job!

Queensland
Level Contributor
3,773 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: London Pass/Days Out Spreadsheet through 30 APR 2011

Still fantastic Hoogo, I just wish they would update past April 30th - as I'll be in London in May! But this of course, will mean more work for you... thanks again :)

USA
Level Contributor
6,981 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: London Pass/Days Out Spreadsheet through 30 APR 2011

I appreciate the praise. I plan to continue to update the spreadsheet, Chazwazza. I have not yet seen any Days Out extensions, they may show up very late in the game. I am betting that the St. Paul's Cathedral offer will not be extended into April.

The London Pass website continues to annoy. They advertise "Here are all of the Attractions in London you could visit for FREE with a London Pass." then lists places that are free to all without the pass, Imperial War Museum, National Gallery, National Portrait Gallery, Royal Air Force Museum, Southwark Cathedral, Tate Britain, and Tate Modern. With admission already free, they are offering only audio guides, simulator rides, guidebooks or special exhibitions.

Also I am unable to find what the regular admission to BAPS Shri Swaminarayan Mandir would be. London Pass fails to list the amount of discount available at a number of attractions. I hate having question marks on the spreadsheet.

USA
Level Contributor
24 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: London Pass/Days Out Spreadsheet through 30 APR 2011

Thanks for all of this great information. I have followed your posts, I think. I'm confused on one thing though. The Days Out website says that I need a national rail ticket and the tube doesn't count. In an earlier post, you mentioned that paper tube tickets will work. Please advise, as we are looking to determine how 2 adults and 2 kids (11 and 14) will tour and see London.

Thanks

USA
Level Contributor
6,981 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: London Pass/Days Out Spreadsheet through 30 APR 2011

It is confusing, bermuda6. The Days Out website says that tube only tickets don't work, there must be an element of National Rail travel included. Paper travelcards purchased at mainline rail stations (not tube stations) meet this requirement.

From Days Out FAQs:

"Can I use Underground/tube only tickets and/or London Bus only tickets?

"No, except as shown below.

"However if your travel ticket has an element of National Rail/train company travel included, e.g. any type of 'paper' Travelcard, train/tube inclusive ticket and is issued by a National Rail operated ticket office, then the answer is Yes. By way of recognition if your travel ticket shows the Double-Arrow (or 'crows-foot') National Rail logo you're generally safe to assume it is valid. If you are unsure in any way please ask at your local staffed National Rail station."

http://www.daysoutguide.co.uk/faq