We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Victoria Gay Hostel on Victoria Street

Brownsville, Texas
Level Contributor
65 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Victoria Gay Hostel on Victoria Street

Does anyone know anything about this hostel? Is it a good place to stay? Please give me any information if you have stayed here and if you would recommend it. I am a simple guy with his boyfriend looking to go in June 2011.

London
Level Contributor
8,329 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Victoria Gay Hostel on Victoria Street

I haven't heard anything about this hostel on the forum, and there don't seem to be any reviews here on TA. However, there are lots of hostels in London where you can get a private room or dorms - ones run by the YHA are usually good quality. Here's an example:

yha.org.uk/find-accommodation/…index.aspx

Have a nice trip.

Toulouse
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Victoria Gay Hostel on Victoria Street

En toiture terrasse et au milieu d'une cour ensoleillée, sécurisée et discrète, j'ai séjourné 12 nuits au Gay Hostel.

20 pounds pour un lit dans un dortoir de six est le prix le moins cher à Londres.

Il y a aussi un dortoir de huit lits, ce qui fait 14 places maxi, une douche électrique peu pratique, 3 WC, un coin cuisine, un bon frigo, un micro-onde, il n'y a pas de toaster, un salon débarras avec TV, endroit idéal pour se connecter à internet tranquillement.

Un manager bourru, mais sympa viens vous chercher dans la rue après un coup de fil et vous amène à travers des couloirs escaliers peu engageant et dégradés à l'image du Gay Hostel.

Si vous êtes habitués des gîtes d'étapes, des backpackers, voir d'abri à moutons, alors je vous recommande cette adresse très pratique et sûre pour une semaine ou plus, temps minimum qu'il vous faudra pour vous sentir à l'aise.

J'ai apprécié mon séjour, car l'idée de réunir des gays voyageurs rends l'endroit sympa .

Les pounds ainsi économisée, courer vous amuser au Vault ou faire du shopping.

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,511 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Victoria Gay Hostel on Victoria Street

toukous enjoyed his stay in a 6 person dorm, he notes there is also an 8 bed room. He goes on to say that if you like the backpacker hostel style then you will be at home here.

He enjoyed his stay and at the bargian price of £20 a night.

4. Re: Victoria Gay Hostel on Victoria Street

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 02 July 2011, 21:58
Level Contributor
1 post
44 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Victoria Gay Hostel on Victoria Street

in this world you get what you pay for. £20 a night in central London is on the face of it a bargain..... The accommodation is above a small arcade type market and is just across the road from the U/G station. FANTASTICALLY LOCATED.

Locally there are many amenties including a sainsbury's and a jd wetherspoon.

This hostel has the potential to be amazing especially following the demise of the philbeach hotel in earl's court. However the accommodation lacks a degree of attention to detail....the shower needs a good clean and retiling...carpets are shabby and feel dirty...mattresses and pillows are well used and need replacing if not for aesetics then for hygeine. my dorm room did not have a blind or curtain so was affected by light etc. The plus is a good sized kitchen with microwave only plus loads of crockery and cutlery.

The guy that runs the place seemed OK.

I must confess that upon arrival used the locker as avery cheap 'left luggage' facility....used the free wifi ......i stayed the nights at a friends flat.

Birmingham, United...
6 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Victoria Gay Hostel on Victoria Street

I think it's quite expensive..

Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
3,689 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Victoria Gay Hostel on Victoria Street

Unless you absolutely feel you must stay in an establishment only for gay men, then I believe you could find better accommodation for the same or similar price.

ktown

p.s. This is an old post, but thought this info might be helpful for anyone doing searches of the forums.

Edited: 23 January 2012, 12:25
West London
Level Contributor
10,128 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Victoria Gay Hostel on Victoria Street

This message is a year out of date.

bath
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Victoria Gay Hostel on Victoria Street

As of July 2012 this hostel has ceased to operate. When I arrived, builders were in the process of dismantling it. On another note, I do not agree with the negative reviews. I stayed there twice and both times it was fine. The only draswback was lack of a kitchen and the bathroom was too small. It was clean and safe and the other guests were friendly.

10. Re: Victoria Gay Hostel on Victoria Street

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 August 2013, 10:18