We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Enamel "Beware of Cat" Sign

lost in Ohio
Level Contributor
2,281 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Enamel "Beware of Cat" Sign

Hi. Wherever we have travelled around the world, we have always brought home an enamel clad BEWARE OF CAT sign. Our first visit to London is upcoming.

Can anyone point me to a place where I can buy one? The ones we have are about 6 inches by 8 inches.

Rockaway, New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,851 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Enamel "Beware of Cat" Sign

I have one of those from Italy...my cat broke it as soon as we got home (ironic, huh?) and some nice person on the Florence Forum bought and mailed me another one!!!

I've been to London a million times but have never seen one...then again, wasn't really looking either. Hope you find one!

Rockaway, New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,851 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Enamel "Beware of Cat" Sign

Just in case...

…ebay.co.uk/shabby-chic-enamel-beware-cat-si…

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
56,205 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Enamel "Beware of Cat" Sign

I've found the supplier for the sign TravelBug102 noted. Perhaps you can have the sign sent to your hotel to be held for your arrival.

http://www.bythebaymeva.co.uk/page15.html

Alternately, let Stocksigns make one for you! www.stocksigns.co.uk/vitreous-enamel-signs

Edited: 05 February 2011, 22:57
Essex
Level Contributor
28,415 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Enamel "Beware of Cat" Sign

Well, that is a difficult one to answer, I've tried a bit of 'googling' but have not come up with any answers in particular.

You could try Harrods Pet Department.

You could try any one of a number of different 'whimsical' gift shops that you come across in your travels.

Camden Market springs to mind as a place where you might find a stall selling such things, but you would have to look hard.

Failing all of that, I have found a very nice Brass sign on this website, and perhaps you could have it delivered to your London Accommodation, if you order and pay, well in advance??

blackcountrymetalworks.co.uk/Beware-Of-The-C…

I also thought of the shop for Battersea Dogs Home (they also rehome Cats) but did not see anything relevent in their online shop, and also 'charity wise' the Cats Protection League shop, but can't seem to get onto their website at present, don't know why, but you could try it:

http://www.cats.org.uk/

Islington
Level Contributor
1,922 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Enamel "Beware of Cat" Sign

I think I've seen one in the market at Covent Garden. There are a lot of stalls there that are the sort that would have something like that.

lost in Ohio
Level Contributor
2,281 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Enamel "Beware of Cat" Sign

Thanks -- you guys are great!

7. Re: Enamel "Beware of Cat" Sign

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2012, 22:17