We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Neat place to stay near Heathrow Airport

Wayne, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
335 posts
330 reviews
Save Topic
Neat place to stay near Heathrow Airport

Found some posts from 2006 on this topic...anything more up to date?

We will want to stay not-too-far from the airport our last night in England...and it's our son's 30 birthday so a quaint pub would be great!

Thanks~

Likely To Sell Out
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle and Bath...
5,233 reviews
from US$125.50*
Likely To Sell Out
Making of Harry Potter Round-Trip...
439 reviews
from US$104.40*
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, Bath...
2,069 reviews
from US$148.10*
Likely To Sell Out
Harry Potter Tour of Warner Bros...
628 reviews
from US$100.10*
Hampshire, England.
Level Contributor
3,927 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Neat place to stay near Heathrow Airport

"Found some posts from 2006 on this topic...anything more up to date?"

Unfortunately when you use the search function on Tripadvisor it defaults to "relevance", if you select "date" from the drop-down box you will get more up to date info.

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
33,385 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Neat place to stay near Heathrow Airport

"neat", "quaint" - sounds like Windsor to me

London
Level Contributor
2,215 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Neat place to stay near Heathrow Airport

There are a lot of hotels to choose from around Heathrow, so it depends on your budget. This link gives a list with indicative prices;

londontoolkit.com/travel/heathrow_hotels.htm

Finding a quaint pub is much easier - there are not that many in the immediate area. Some suggestions;

The Pheasant, Harlington. Nearest Hotel - Marriott

beerintheevening.com/pubs/…Harlington

The White Horse, Longford village. Nearest Hotel - Thistle

beerintheevening.com/pubs/…Longford

The Green Man, Hatton Cross. Nearest hotel- Jury's Inn

beerintheevening.com/pubs/…Hatton

I agree with Alanrow, staying in Windsor might be a better option.

West London
Level Contributor
10,128 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Neat place to stay near Heathrow Airport

Ealing Blue's combination of Jury's Inn hotel and the Green Man pub is the best combination near to Heathrow.

As well as Windsor, think about a riverside pub/hotel in Staines called The Swan, which actually has swans swimming outside it

http://www.fullershotels.com/rte.asp?id=72

Trip advisor reviews here:

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g477981-d253934…

Edited: 09 February 2011, 17:59
Ipswich, United...
Destination Expert
for Ipswich
Level Contributor
7,542 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Neat place to stay near Heathrow Airport

If the time of your flight is not ludicrously early you can stay pretty centrally in London and it won't take you much longer to get to the airport than it would from some airport hotels. You can stay in Earls Court (premier Inn Knaresborough place would be my first choice), for instance, and get to Heathrow in half an hour on the Piccadilly Line (or by using a car service). You can then have your celebration in London. A lot more fun than staying at an airport hotel.

London, United...
Level Contributor
10,042 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Neat place to stay near Heathrow Airport

I don't know how far 'not too far' is, but Denham Village is maybe 25 minutes or less by taxi, depending on the time of day and the terminal.

Consider staying at The Falcon and eating at The Swan.

http://www.swaninndenham.co.uk/

http://www.falcondenham.com/

Wayne, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
335 posts
330 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Neat place to stay near Heathrow Airport

Thanks for all your suggestions...I will check them out! I have rented a flat in London for 3 nights when we first arrive so wanted a different experience for our last night in town that would be in the airport vicinity without being an "airport hotel".

Ipswich, United...
Destination Expert
for Ipswich
Level Contributor
7,542 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Neat place to stay near Heathrow Airport

If you are only staying three nights in London when you arrive you may well want another one before you leave:-)

Wayne, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
335 posts
330 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Neat place to stay near Heathrow Airport

After our 3 nights in London we are all going to Maidstone/Bearsted for 3 nights for a family wedding. Then our sons (25 and 30) are taking off on their own and my husband and I will do our own thing (still working on our adventure) for 6 nights. We have now decided to meet up for the last TWO nights (and celebrate the 30th birthday) in the London area before flying back home around noon. We could stay 2 more nights right in London or on the outskirts (but not SE back to Maidstone area). I've started looking at the sites you have sent my way and please don't hesitate to offer other suggestions!

10. Re: Neat place to stay near Heathrow Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 February 2012, 07:17