We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good place for young people to stay in London?

Texas
1 post
Save Topic
Good place for young people to stay in London?

We are two guys (21 and 20) and going to London for 5 days in early March.

We like to meet new people so we want to stay at some hotel or hostel where other young tourist like our age stays at. Don't really care about size of the room and stuff as long as it's clean, safe, have internet, and at an ok location.

Any recommendations for hotel or hostel? Any other attractions/pubs that most young tourists go to?

Thank you.

SANDEMANs NEW Europe - London
City Tours, Bar, Club & Pub Tours, Walking Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Strawberry Tours
Bar, Club & Pub Tours, Cultural Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Walking Tours, Sightseeing Tours
The English Bus
City Tours, Day Trips, Sightseeing Tours, Bus Tours, Cultural Tours
London Black Taxi Tours
Cultural Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, City Tours
London, United...
Level Contributor
11,395 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Good place for young people to stay in London?

I imagine that hostels provide a forced way of meeting people.

Why do you just want to meet people your own age, though?

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,232 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Good place for young people to stay in London?

This is London, there are many places for young people to stay, aged at 20 & 21 is not considered that young to be honest.

Nevertheless, I doubt you will have less fun no matter where you are staying. I now live in the central part but when I was a youth I was in suburbia we had many foreign students from all parts of the world staying in home stays, French, Spanish and Italians but they all reported that suburbia was a wonderful place to be.

But guys meeting new people is all down to you. If you have the personality of P Diddy (or is it just Diddy or even Sean P Combs), I doubt you will have any problems meeting people here.

London, United...
Level Contributor
8,023 posts
524 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Good place for young people to stay in London?

Try this hostels for accomodation

YHA St Pancras hostel,

YHA hostel on Bolsover Street

Walrus hostel in waterloo

Palmer's Lodge

Browse http://www.hostelworld.com/

http://www.pickwickhall.co.uk/uk/rooms.shtml

yha.org.uk/find-accommodation/…index.aspx

London
Level Contributor
2,216 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Good place for young people to stay in London?

I used St Christophers Inn in Edinburgh a few years ago and it seemed a pretty well run place. The London Bridge locations are the best;

www.st-christophers.co.uk/london-hostels

Florida
Level Contributor
323 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Good place for young people to stay in London?

No personal experience with this place, but have seen some reviews by others. I gather you should only consider if you don't mind a rowdy/party central-type atmosphere, but it seems to meet all your other requirements and you would definitely be among a lot of others your age:

http://www.generatorhostels.com/en/london

London
Level Contributor
838 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Good place for young people to stay in London?

If you do choose a hostel such as Generator or the St Christophers please be aware that you won't exactly be having a typical English experience and meeting British people.

Most likely it will be full of Aussies; Kiwis; Saffas and fellow Americans.

In which case you might as well go on holiday to Australia or stay at home.

Stay where you want to and in a good location - and just hit the pubs and bars to hand out with young people.

Go out in Upper St (Islington); Hoxton / Shortditch; Clapham etc... to hand out with Brits. If you go to the bars in Leicester Square they will be full of tourists.

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
1,101 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Good place for young people to stay in London?

@farmerdj. the bars in leicester sq will be full of tourists even if they DON'T go to them

West London
Level Contributor
10,128 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Good place for young people to stay in London?

I know that Texas isn't in Australia, but you should still bookmark this online magazine and read it regularly

http://www.tntmagazine.com/

it's for 20 year olds from the Southern Hemisphere coming back to the old country to work or for a vacation, and has lots of great information for you and your friend.

9. Re: Good place for young people to stay in London?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 October 2012, 04:17