We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Money for value hotels near St Pancras Station

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
108 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Money for value hotels near St Pancras Station

I coming to london on the Eurostar on 1 June for 5 days, arriving at St Pancras station. I've considering 2 or 3 star hotels, possibly the Arriva Hotel on Swinton st.

Any advice on this or other Properties in this are recommended would be greatly appreciated.

London
Level Contributor
32 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Money for value hotels near St Pancras Station

I'd question whether you really need to stay near St Pancras, as it's not the nicest part of town (it's not bad, just a bit grotty). On the tube you can get from there to almost anywhere else in Central London in 10-15 minutes, and since the station was redeveloped a couple of years ago it's very easy to get on and off the tube (new escaltors, new lifts, clear signs etc).

I've no experience of the Arriva Hotel, but from the website and the reviews it looks a lot like any other 2-star guesthouse. Prices look reasonable for that kind of accommodation - if you wait you might be able to find cheaper last-minute deals at some of the chain hotels in great locations, but that is a fairly risky game.

London
Level Contributor
3,773 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Money for value hotels near St Pancras Station

I'm not too sure what you mean by a 2/3 star hotel, the star system has minor elevance to selecting quality of what you get in London. Price is often a much better indicator of quality/comfort.

Crudely a 2 star hotel is basically any hotel that serves breakfast, a 3 star hotel offers dinner as well.

The Arriva is basically a very simple budget hotel of the type that dominates in St Pancras. It bears little comparison to say an Ibis hotel commonly classified as a 2 star hotel, but then again pricing points are very wide apart too.

Its a bit too one side in a noisier location to most of them that are clustered around Argylle Square and is slightly further away from St Pancras Station than Argylle Square.

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
40,441 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Money for value hotels near St Pancras Station

Unless you were desperate to have breakfast included I might look at one of the more modern budget chain hotels nearby. The Premier Inn on York Way offers decent value and there is another location towards Euston.

For something a little different you might also want to consider The Harrison Gastro pub - harrisonbar.co.uk/index.php…

4. Re: Money for value hotels near St Pancras Station

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2012, 09:21