We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how far from St Pancras Station to Kings Cross

Port Stephens
Level Contributor
178 posts
147 reviews
Save Topic
how far from St Pancras Station to Kings Cross

Hi all,

Could somebody let me know how long it would take to walk from St Pancras Station ( coming in from Paris ) to Kings Cross station to catch a train to Edinburgh please ?

We are doing a trip to Italy and Britain in June and I am hoping to book all of our rail tickets before we leave Australia.

thank you

Jen

Likely To Sell Out
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle and Bath...
5,264 reviews
from US$126.50*
Likely To Sell Out
Making of Harry Potter Round-Trip...
461 reviews
from US$105.20*
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, Bath...
2,087 reviews
from US$149.20*
Likely To Sell Out
Luxury Paris Day Trip with Champagne...
465 reviews
from US$300.60*
London, UK
Level Contributor
7,040 posts
208 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: how far from St Pancras Station to Kings Cross

It is normally just a matter of walking through the Customs area - unless you look particularly shifty or have been noted as behaving suspiciously. Th route involved adds probably less than a minute to the journey between the platform and the main body of the station.

Brussels
Level Contributor
5,672 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: how far from St Pancras Station to Kings Cross

< It is normally just a matter of walking through the Customs area - unless you look particularly shifty or have been noted as behaving suspiciously. >

One might imagine so. However, I have the impression that the customs officers who watch you walk through sometimes pick out someone for inspection just at random - or at least for reasons that are not apparent to a casual onlooker.

On my arrival at St Pancras once last year, a middle-aged man just in front of me was beckoned to go to the desk for a customs inspection, even though he didn't stand out from the crowd in any way (neat clothes, overcoat, wheeled suitcase ... ).

London, UK
Level Contributor
7,040 posts
208 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: how far from St Pancras Station to Kings Cross

Thats why I included "normally". There can be inspections at any entry point to the UK but from my observations, they are less frequent than at air or seaports.

Brussels
Level Contributor
5,672 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: how far from St Pancras Station to Kings Cross

< I would recommend allowing a bit longer to admire St Pancras Station since it was restored to be the Eurostar terminal >

I agree with railtraveller65. It is worth taking a few minutes to walk round St Pancras and admire the building, if you have time.

No-one has yet told the OP the best and simplest way to walk from St Pancras to Kings Cross.

Forget M&S Simply Food unless you want to buy sandwiches.

Ignore signs in St Pancras indicating the way to Kings Cross !

When you come out of Eurostar Arrivals into the main concourse, turn left and walk towards the end of the concourse under the big clock flickr.com/photos/andrewsteele/2546595298/

You will be walking towards the background in this photo flickr.com/photos/…

Go through the archway at the end of the concourse (actually a double set of open doors) indicated as the entrance to the London Underground station.

Immediately beyond the doors, turn left and walk along the passageway that runs alongside the wall.

You will come out into the street through the archway here (walking towards the camera) www.flickr.com/photos/kake_pugh/3133424123/

You will see Kings Cross in front of you on the other side of the road.

Note the ST PANCRAS STATION sign on the photo above - this photo shows the view in the opposite direction www.flickr.com/photos/dmmaus/4785624403/

Port Stephens
Level Contributor
178 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: how far from St Pancras Station to Kings Cross

Thank you very much colin56, the pics are great and I now know what I'm looking for. Your right, a good look around might be nice. Rog n Jen

Port Stephens
Level Contributor
178 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: how far from St Pancras Station to Kings Cross

Thank you everyone for all the help and suggestions

take care all and happy travelling

Jen

27. Re: how far from St Pancras Station to Kings Cross

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 October 2012, 02:18