We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Safety walking from Clink78 to St Pancras Station at 4am

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Vancouver
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Safety walking from Clink78 to St Pancras Station at 4am

Could someone please let me know if it's safe for a girl to walk from Clink78 to St Pancras station at 4am on a Sunday morning?

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Safety walking from Clink78 to St Pancras Station at 4am

Generally, on average, looking at the big picture, yes its safe.

Specifically, one-off, I wouldn't do it, I'd get a cab (its a long walk as well).

Or maybe there is a night bus, no doubt several people who do buses will all turn up here at once in a few hours time.

London, United...
Level Contributor
8,023 posts
525 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Safety walking from Clink78 to St Pancras Station at 4am

I would agree with Joe that I would take a taxi or night bus at 4 am. That is what I advice my daughter as well but if you are in Covent garden area/ Leicester square then there are many youngsters out partying at night so walking at 4 am is no problem.

Edited: 09 March 2011, 07:07
Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Safety walking from Clink78 to St Pancras Station at 4am

I would never walk alone in any city at 4 am. and wouldn't get a bus either, for me a taxi would be the only option. Better safe than sorry.

West London
Level Contributor
10,128 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Safety walking from Clink78 to St Pancras Station at 4am

Just to point out that this is from the Clink78 hostel on King's Cross road rather than the Clink near London Bridge.

According to this website it would be a 12 minute walk along a road with plenty of people walking along it.

http://tinyurl.com/6he9d7z

You would need to be cautious, especially if carrying luggage such as a rucksack or a case, but it's just about using your common sense. Buses are no good for you, because the hostel is on a one-way street with the traffic going in the opposite direction - by the time you get to a bus stop you'll probably be already at the station.

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
32,075 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Safety walking from Clink78 to St Pancras Station at 4am

It's about 300 yards from hostel to station. You could spend more time waiting for a taxi / bus than getting to the station.

What time of year are you doing it as it may be daylight

London, England
Level Contributor
8,047 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Safety walking from Clink78 to St Pancras Station at 4am

I wouldn't walk on my own in London at that time of the morning. Yes, there may be a few people around, but more likely there won't be. If you are travelling from a hostel to the station, I would ask the hostel to order a mini cab. This can be done the night before.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Lake District
Level Contributor
3,077 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Safety walking from Clink78 to St Pancras Station at 4am

Whilst it is highly likely that you will be ok I wouldn't recommend it. There are generally lots of people out and about late Saturday night/early Sunday morning throughout the centre of London but they tend to have dispersed by about 3.00am. This area will be far quieter than the main clubs/bars at 4.00am.

London, United...
Level Contributor
11,395 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Safety walking from Clink78 to St Pancras Station at 4am

> wouldn't get a bus either, for me a taxi would be the only option. <

A bus might have many people on it. In a taxi it's just you and the driver.

London, United...
Level Contributor
8,324 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Safety walking from Clink78 to St Pancras Station at 4am

It's less than half a mile from your hostel to Kings X/St Pancras. You can walk it in 6-8 mins. I'd just walk.

warrensburg,MO
Level Contributor
7,685 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Safety walking from Clink78 to St Pancras Station at 4am

Too many shifty characters around Kings Cross during the day, let alone 4am in the morning. If you want to go on foot then walk briskly, occasionally breaking into a run, the winos and addicts collapsed in the doorways won't even have time to see you and certainly won't get the chance to hassle you for money.