We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

London Hilton Hotels?

Atlanta
Level Contributor
28 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
London Hilton Hotels?

My partner and I will be traveling to London to celebrate a birthday in late July 2011 and are considering Hilton Properties in Central London for a three night stay. Might anyone have any feedback on: the Trafalgar London; The Waldorf Hilton; or London Hilton on Park Lane Hotel?

Any comments, pro's or con's are greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
1,106 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: London Hilton Hotels?

Haven't stayed at those, but the Hilton at Paddington station was very nice when we stayed there.

London
Level Contributor
3,773 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: London Hilton Hotels?

Looks like you've gone for the 3 most geographically central of the Hilton's and the 3 most expensive ones.

If money is no object and you truly appreciate all the bells and whistlesand finer things in life that comes with expensive then these 3 are probably the ones to go for.

If you are picking these because you assume being 'downtown' is a major plus then this is flawed thinking.

Location doesn't really matter , you're going to use public transport to get around wherever you stay.

The cheapest Hiltons (Olympia, Kensington, Hyde Park and Metropole) is where a lot of Priceline bidders end up and are probably the most basic of the offerings. The Olympia and Kensington sites are the only ones where you have slight tedium in terms of location.

Paddington, Tower Bridge and Euston are somewhere in the middle.

If you're looking for a very comfortable hotel but at the same time want value I'd look at Tower Bridge first personally.

If you're looking to earn points whilst in London but don't want to pay for frills you never use I'd look at the Metropole or Hyde Park sites.

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
26,089 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: London Hilton Hotels?

Anytime I walk past Paddington, they seem to be doing OK.

California
Level Contributor
320 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: London Hilton Hotels?

I have stayed at both the Hilton Trafalgar and the Hilton Waldorf.

Hilton Trafalgar: Great location - easy access to the tourist sites. Room size very decent, modern furniture. Hip lobby area, with weird check in desk arrangement. Nice bar on the rooftop.

Hilton Waldorf. Small lobby area with limited seating. Bar to the one size, and restaurant on the other side. Tiny elevators. Rooms were nice - we were upgraded to a larger room which had a desk area. Floors were very squeaky though. Nice sized bathroom with shower in tub configuration. We had access to the executive lounge, which was great, good place to just sit and relax and have a soda. Five minutes from Covent Gardens - a little further walk to the underground.

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Level Contributor
295 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: London Hilton Hotels?

I've stayed several times at the Park Lane Hilton. Upgraded both times to the Executive Floors with separate check-in and very nice views over the city or Hyde Park, plus access the Executive Lounge, which was a great convenience and money saver. I enjoyed the hotel and the location is as good or better than most, being in posh Mayfair and close to transportation and the lovely parks in the area. I'm going back in September this year and will try the new Hilton property, the Bentley Hotel, a new addition to the Waldorf Collection. I love the quiet location in South Kensington, and it's a couple of blocks from the Gloucester Street tube with direct access to Heathrow and all of London.

6. Re: London Hilton Hotels?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 October 2012, 05:17