We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marathon Sunday morning suggestions

Boston area
Level Contributor
99 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Marathon Sunday morning suggestions

I made things a bit complicated by planning to switch hotels on Sunday, April 17. I knew this was an added complication at the time, but didn't realize thus would also be the day if the marathon. We will be checking out of a hotel in the City and into one at County Hall. We have to be at Fortnam & Mason at 1:30 for Tea and at Buckingham Palace from 5-7. I am looking for suggestions of how to get my family (with luggage) from one hotel to the other that day, and good ideas for how to spend that morning. I had been thinking we might ride the Eye if weather cooperated, or go to the British Museum. Is Speaker's corner active in the late morning? Do you think Harrods will be particularly crowded that day? Thank you.

Upminster, United...
Level Contributor
11,284 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Marathon Sunday morning suggestions

F&M walk to Waterloo from County Hall then Jubilee Line to Green Park.

Buck Palace from F&M walk across Green Park

City to County Hall - taxi

You should be able to fit Speaker's Corner in before F&M in which case, Jubilee Line to Bond Street change to Central Line to Marble Arch. Walk back to F&M.

Boston area
Level Contributor
99 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Marathon Sunday morning suggestions

Thank you- in my efforts to take advantage of a special weekend rate at a very nice hotel in the city, I added complications which I hope i won't regret.

3. Re: Marathon Sunday morning suggestions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 October 2012, 13:17