We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Conflicting sites and rates for 196 Bishopsgate

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
8 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Conflicting sites and rates for 196 Bishopsgate

I'm having a hard time understanding how there are two sites of the same property each with completely different rates than the other:

http://www.lovelyholidayflats.com/id4.html

http://www.196bishopsgate.com/

PLEASE HELP!

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
20,723 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Conflicting sites and rates for 196 Bishopsgate

Lovelyholidayflats looks like the scammiest of scam sites (and we've had some corkers on this forum).

The other site is the official 196 site hence the right rates. They might be on legit discount sites - priceline, booking.com, laterooms.com; worth checking to see if you can get it cheaper.

I should add all their properties are amusingly/ridiculously low.

Edited: 11 March 2011, 17:38
Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
3,689 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Conflicting sites and rates for 196 Bishopsgate

The rates at lovelyholidayflats are unrealistic, therefore likely not real. Way too low. Likely a scam I would think.

ktown

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
20,723 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Conflicting sites and rates for 196 Bishopsgate

To clarify : all lovelyholidayflats rates are amusingly/scamtastically low. Avoid.

Also they provide no contact details. Probably a phishing site (not even a rubbish accomm site).

Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
3,689 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Conflicting sites and rates for 196 Bishopsgate

"scamtastically" - love that, great description.

ktown

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
2,700 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Conflicting sites and rates for 196 Bishopsgate

I have to agree with others - the prices advertised by lovelyholiday flats scream SCAM! Stay away from them.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
8 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Conflicting sites and rates for 196 Bishopsgate

Thank you all for your quick responses.

Really appreciate the advice.

So glad I researched more on this site!

Needlesstosay, I won't be sending any deposit to them.

FYI here's the email they sent me;

"Thank you very much for your inquiry.

For your travel dates we could offer you the following options:

Our HOLIDAY APARTMENT is £210./week.Studio

We are available throughout that time. The cost per day is £35,So for 2 nights the total is £70.

This includes all utilities. There is a fully equipped kitchen. We supply all linens, and there is parking space.

There is high speed wireless internet for your convenience. If you are interested we take 40% and refundable £200 security deposit to confirm your booking and the rest of the balance on your arrival.

Or you may pay in full at the time of the booking. The amount of 40% would be £28 plus £200 security deposit making £228, we can confirm your booking if you make the deposit . We accept money transfer or bank transfer only.

Please let us know if you are interested and we can go from there."

7. Re: Conflicting sites and rates for 196 Bishopsgate

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 October 2012, 12:18