We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hard Rock Cafe

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
200 posts
53 reviews
Save Topic
Hard Rock Cafe

Hi everyone,

My husband and I would like to have a meal at the Hard Rock Cafe in London. At this stage, we are not sure whether to go there for lunch or dinner. Is there a better time to go in terms of waiting, etc.? At the moment, we are leaning towards going for lunch on a Thursday. Is there likely to be a queue at around noon?

We can skip the queue by booking through Viator but that locks us into a particular day, so we're not sure if it's the way to go.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you!

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Leeds, Bradford
Level Contributor
17,588 posts
280 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hard Rock Cafe

There were queues at lunchtime when I went past there a few weeks ago but that was on a Saturday. I would think that a Thursday lunch wouldn't be as busy as a weekend.

Someone else should be able to confirm how busy it is through the week.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
200 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hard Rock Cafe

Thank you for the quick response. I hope it would be less busy on a Thursday. We could get there when it opens at 11:30am if that helps.

East Sussex, United...
Destination Expert
for West Sussex, East Sussex
Level Contributor
5,260 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hard Rock Cafe

Weekday lunchtimes are fine - although part of the HRC experience is queueing anyway ! The oldest part of the cafe (the first HRC, as you probably know) is the main bit upstairs as you first go in, so try to get seated there.

Mike

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
200 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hard Rock Cafe

Thanks for the tip! No, I didn't know about the oldest part of the cafe; could you please tell me more about it?

Thank you!

Upminster, United...
Level Contributor
11,284 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hard Rock Cafe

Why do you need to book through Viator ? Just go on the HRC web site and book two lots of priority seating.

http://www.hardrock.com/px/

Edited: 13 March 2011, 12:09
East Sussex, United...
Destination Expert
for West Sussex, East Sussex
Level Contributor
5,260 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hard Rock Cafe

Well "oldest" in terms of that's the first bit opened in the 1970's and the bit I remember eating in when in my teens in the early 1980's. It's got the best atmosphere, the loudest music and the best meomorabilia - the bit straight in front as you go in - see the picture on here of the front : http://www.hardrock.com/corporate/history/

Mike

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
200 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hard Rock Cafe

Thanks, guys!

I will book Priority Seating on the HRC's website, and will request to be seated at the oldest part of the cafe.

Many thanks!

Indianapolis
Level Contributor
132 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hard Rock Cafe

You can buy a Hard Rock All Access Pass for about $25.00 online at Hard Rock.com. It comes with a little back pack. ( when I bought mine it also came with $20.00 in Hard Rock credits ) .

It will get you the next table available . No waiting. I use mine all of the time. In fact, just used it this past weekend when the normal wait time was 1-1.5 hours, mine was less than 5 minutes. I bought it to get extra perks at their Hotels ( and stores ) but it comes in handy most at the cafes ($200.00 in purchases will earn credit to use there during the next visit. ).

There is nothing like sailing past lines of people, it well, makes you feel like a rock star : )

Edited: 14 March 2011, 09:48
U.K.
Destination Expert
for Belgrade
Level Contributor
14,119 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Hard Rock Cafe

Indy, can I ask that outside of the memorabilia and 'historic' site of HRC do you enjoy the food and think it's value for money?

Presumably you do as a regular customer but I wondered how you think it compares on the food front. Long time since I've eaten at HRC and it wasn't memorable. I do get the attraction of these when visiting other cities and I've occasionally had a beer in several European city HRC's but I just don't understand the appeal of it as a restaurant.

Stoofer

Indianapolis
Level Contributor
132 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hard Rock Cafe

I get the Cobb salad as it is HUGE ( 3 could eat on it )...but I mainly end up there because of my All Access Pass. ( I find the food so-so honestly. ) However in downtown Indy I know I can get a table there fast..and eat ..and be on my way (usually to some bar to watch sports or go to concert )

If I didn't have the pass I wouldn't go..and I only have the pass because I stayed at Hard Rock Orlando FL for the Harry Potter Univeral Studios pre-grand opening special admittance .

So I agree with you...

However, I am planning on going to HRC while in London and Paris. Gotta make some use out of the pass : )