We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buying Great British Heritage Pass when in UK?

Western Australia...
Level Contributor
216 posts
90 reviews
Save Topic
Buying Great British Heritage Pass when in UK?

Does anyone know if we will be able to purchase the "Great British Heritage Pass" when we are in UK? Cant find any info on their website about this. They only talk about online purchase. I sent them a couple of email in the past weeks to enquire, but no reply.

We would prefer to buy them when we are in UK, rather than ordering them online.

Does anyone know if we can buy them in UK when we are there and where can we get them from? .

Thanks you!

Likely To Sell Out
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, Bath from...
5,364 Reviews
from US$130.60*
Special Offer
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, and Bath...
2,131 Reviews
from US$139.30*
US$154.70
Likely To Sell Out
Warner Bros Harry Potter Admission...
519 Reviews
from US$117.80*
Likely To Sell Out
Luxury Paris Day Trip with Champagne...
478 Reviews
from US$347.80*
Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
34,081 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Buying Great British Heritage Pass when in UK?

http://www.britishheritagepass.com/Shipping

Southport UK
Level Contributor
933 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Buying Great British Heritage Pass when in UK?

The Pass is only available to International visitors not people living in the UK.

Their website explains were you can collect the pass if you do not wish it sent to you. However you have to purchase it on line first. Go to the bit headed Shipping

Gibel

San Diego...
Level Contributor
93 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Buying Great British Heritage Pass when in UK?

I bought one online before my last visit and it was very convenient to pick it up at the specified location.

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
5,629 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Buying Great British Heritage Pass when in UK?

We were able to buy one there, but that was several years ago. We had to show them our passports.

Western Australia...
Level Contributor
216 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Buying Great British Heritage Pass when in UK?

Thanks everyone for your feedback.

I realise I can buy online and collect when in UK at locations indicated or have them shipped to me. But I would prefer to buy them when I'm in UK, showing our passports, like you did Kay.

Queensland
Level Contributor
4,118 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Buying Great British Heritage Pass when in UK?

I bought 4 online in December, for use in April (next month). They came in the post quite quickly, maybe just under 2 weeks.

I was (and still am) disappointed and very nervous, as under the T&C's it says that any passes purchased at the end of the year would only be valid until the end of that year, and maybe January (depending on the individual places we visit).

However, when I purchased the passes online it asks you to put in an approx start date. So I entered 28 April 2011. No error messages popped up saying it might not be valid.

I tried to use the company's online email form to find out what was going on, of course there was an error, and then another error. I then called England from Aus, spoke to someone in the call centre who really had no idea if it would be valid. She spoke to her supervisor who assured me it would be valid for 6 months after purchase (she knew the start date was April)... so what if my approx date was 9 months later, would she have said that as well?

I then went on the web again and did a dummy booking and low and behold, as at December 2010 you could have your approx start date of 31 December 2011. Definitely something fishy there.

I'm still not convinced it will work for us, but if it doesn't I will be taking the 4 passes to the York Visitor Centre, with my invoice that states start date as 28 April 2011 and getting 4 new ones. My husband is sure it will work - as the pass is now a credit card style thing with a chip, so it should be as simple as scanning it for first use - but then why isn't the website updated to reflect this?

Sorry for the rant, just thought others might find this interesting!

7. Re: Buying Great British Heritage Pass when in UK?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 October 2012, 21:19