We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wedding in Wood Green...want to stay in Central London

cambridge ma
Level Contributor
16 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Wedding in Wood Green...want to stay in Central London

Hello again,

I am attending a wedding in August, 2011 in a suburb of London, Wood Green, N22 6UH. Guest coming from the US are staying at the Hilton near Green Park or around Russell Square in order to be able to sight see while in the London area. From there they will take the Green line to the wedding. I would prefer to find a rental flat, a B&B or a more traditional/less expensive dwelling. I wonder, given the location of the wedding, what areas of town I might look that would allow me somewhat direct or easy access to the wedding events in Wood Green, even if I am staying further or in a different location than the Russell SQ/Green Park area. I will also look there an nearby!

london
Level Contributor
2,691 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wedding in Wood Green...want to stay in Central London

What is the Green line?

Wood Green is on the Piccadilly line, so Russell Square is a good choice for getting there by tube. I'd have a look at the tube map to see where has easy connections but I wouldn't look at any of the areas around the stations north of Kings Cross.

For a B&B near Wood Green you could stay in Muswell Hill or Crouch End and go to the wedding by cab or bus.

cambridge ma
Level Contributor
16 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wedding in Wood Green...want to stay in Central London

Right. I did just look at the tube map and see I did not get the name right. your suggestion is an excellent one. am looking for b&bs in the areas you mention, which are closer to wedding yet easy to get into town to sight see. thanks very much. lizzy

london
Level Contributor
2,691 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wedding in Wood Green...want to stay in Central London

If easy sightseeing is your priority over being close to the wedding, then I'd stay Kings Cross and inwards. If you stay in Crouch End or Muswell Hill, you have to allow about 45 minutes to get into town and do a bus/tube combination. On the other hand, you get to experience local life with friendly nightlife.

Upminster, United...
Level Contributor
11,284 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wedding in Wood Green...want to stay in Central London

The Decorium, or as those as old as me know it, Wood Green Swimming Baths ;-)

If you stay nearer to King's Cross, then mainline train to Alexandra Palace will be quicker and nearer than Wood Green underground.

Muswell Hill would be a good choice for hotels.

5. Re: Wedding in Wood Green...want to stay in Central London

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 October 2012, 01:18