We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Priscilla v. We Will Rock You

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
IL
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Priscilla v. We Will Rock You

Looking at buying tickets for myself, husband, and 17-year old son to either of the above shows. Any recommendations between the two? Are there any other shows that would be better?

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
117 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Priscilla v. We Will Rock You

my 24 y.o. daughter was in london two summers ago studying and saw both shows. she throughly enjoyed both. each had its own unique audience. for your 17 yo son, she says he'd probably like "we will rock you" better. though visually gorgeous, "priscilla" is one huge drag show, not necessarily a teenage boy's thing. we will rock you is rowdy, loud, "super fun" and takes place in a cyber punk future.

hope this helps.

IL
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Priscilla v. We Will Rock You

Thanks for the response. Any other show that would be better? (We've seen Lion King, Jersey Boys, Les Mis, Chicago and Grease.)

IL
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Priscilla v. We Will Rock You

Oh, and Wicked....

IL
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Priscilla v. We Will Rock You

Also, reviews on Tripadvisor for We Will Rock You were not so great, whereas Priscilla is currently No. 3 on things to see....

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
25,175 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Priscilla v. We Will Rock You

With a seventeen year old in tow, I would probably opt for Dirty Dancing or possibly Thriller.

"I've Had The Time Of My Life"

Byen
Level Contributor
574 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Priscilla v. We Will Rock You

Billy Elliot.

IL
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Priscilla v. We Will Rock You

Thanks for the recommendations!

Wellington, New...
Level Contributor
766 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Priscilla v. We Will Rock You

I'd recommend Billy Elliot. And by the way, Dirty Dancing is closing in either July or August.

BTW: Priscilla has undergone some very recent changes to bring it in line with the new production on Broadway, removing the ending and what many see as some of the show's heart. Regular fans are somewhat aghast at the change...so those familiar with the show from its Australian, Auckland and Toronto runs don't expect to see the same exact staging anymore.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Priscilla v. We Will Rock You

With a 17 year old boy "We will rock you" would probably be the best option but I'm sure he'll have his own idea what he wants to see.

London, United...
Level Contributor
373 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Priscilla v. We Will Rock You

For a 17 year old-'We will rock you'.

'Priscilla' is great fun too-a good laugh-however, teenagers might not quite 'get it'.

By the way, I saw 'Million dollar quartet' the other night, and its great-especially the guy playing Jerry Lee Lewis. Go and see that-fab!