We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Royal Wedding - Cark Parking

Torquay
Level Contributor
143 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Royal Wedding - Cark Parking

Hey Guys,

Managed just to get a great deal on a room at the Marriott - County Hall London (Next to the London Eye), got the room for only 150.00 incl Taxes etc etc.... on the 30/04/11 (Day After Royal Wedding).

Now I am planning on driving up from the SW and arriving around 13:00 and leaving on the sunday at around 15:00.

However I would like to be able to park my car somewhere 30mins via tube out of london which is very near the M4, to avoid the chaos im sure the wedding is going to be providing.

The Marriott wants £35 per day for parking and that is insane... So if anyone can recommend somewhere 30min(ish) out of london via tube for parking between 30/04/11 -13:00 to 01/05/11 15:00 for abit cheaper that would be wonderful thankyou!!

Matthew

Stirling, United...
Destination Expert
for Stirling
Level Contributor
14,295 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Royal Wedding - Cark Parking

Stick W6 postcode into parkonmydrive.com

Fleet Street
Level Contributor
60 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Royal Wedding - Cark Parking

If you're arriving on a Saturday and leaving on a Sunday you can park in most streets outside zone 2 for free and bus/tube it quicker.

Torquay
Level Contributor
143 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Royal Wedding - Cark Parking

Bobelinks - Thanks for that, however looking through the list there is none availible the weekend I need near a tube station :(.

MrsLovettsPies - Would you have any suggestions to the streets which would be good to try?

Thanks ever so much!

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
41,260 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Royal Wedding - Cark Parking

tfl.gov.uk/roadusers/…default.aspx

I'd be a tad wary about leaving a car on a street overnight even in a relatively safe part of London. Tube car parks will be slightly safer and Hounslow West would be my choice. Five minutes drive from junction 3 of the M4 and 50 minutes from Westminster via the Piccadilly and District lines. £2 per day at weekends but just make sure you park on the eastern side of the very large car park as there is an open air market on Sundays covering the other side.

London, United...
Level Contributor
11,395 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Royal Wedding - Cark Parking

At the risk of suggesting obvious, could you park at Torquay and take the train from there?

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
27,040 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Royal Wedding - Cark Parking

Exit the M4 at J3. Join the A4 towards central London, After about four miles look for the Glaxo Smith Kline building on your left. Three hundred yards further on turn left onto A3002 at the cross roads traffic lights. This is Boston Manor Rd. A mile up on your left is the tube station. Pass by and take either the first right or left. Free parking after 6.30 during the week and all day Saturday and Sunday.

This is a safe residential area.

Do not leave anything exposed in the car.

Devon, UK
Level Contributor
484 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Royal Wedding - Cark Parking

What Nick said, let the train take the strain. Torquay to London Waterloo, changing at Exeter, currently £39 return, matching your times approximately. And Waterloo is walkable to the hotel so you don't even have to worry about the tube.

Edited: 29 March 2011, 01:21
Torquay
Level Contributor
143 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Royal Wedding - Cark Parking

Well the only issue with the train is that we are restricted to our leaving times on the Sunday, if on the off chance we get involved in something then its nice to know we could leave at 8pm if we wanted, so that why I am after parking.

Also I would prefer a secure type car park, not really road parking. I am happy to spend money on parking, however £35 per day @ the Marriott I think is abit extreme.

Ipswich, United...
Destination Expert
for Ipswich
Level Contributor
7,513 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Royal Wedding - Cark Parking

Although I come into London from the opposite direction, I've never had any worries about parking on streets in the suburbs, in my case usually in the Redbridge and Wanstead area. The only slight snag is that there are likely to be restrictings with 5-10 minutes walk of Tube stations, but if you don't mind walking that's not a problem. I've heard more horror stories about car parks than on-road parking. Unless car crime is seriously higher in the west of London than in the east (and I can't see why it should be) you can't beat a pleasant residential street, as long as there is plenty of space and you are not causing serious problems for others.

Devon, UK
Level Contributor
484 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Royal Wedding - Cark Parking

How about parking at Heathrow. Easy drive up and down the motorway and quick access to the centre of London. Purple Parking for one day is £18 and parking is secure. After you park the car, they will take you to whichever terminal is easiest to get the tube.