We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

35 Craven St. Westminster

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
San Diego...
5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
35 Craven St. Westminster

Is anyone familiar with 35 Craven St. Westminster, London WC2N, UK? Advert from Holidaylettings.comUK? It's next door to the Benjamin Franklin House? Owner is Philip Housden

Nice flat and we want to rent if for vacation, but I see no reviews or testimonials.

Thank you,

T

Melbourne
Level Contributor
2,258 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: 35 Craven St. Westminster

Hi TML,

I believe that the company is legitimate but there are some very mixed comments regarding the apartments on this forum. I'd suggest doing a search for holidaylettings.co.uk in this forum and see what people have to say. That might help you decide.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
3,701 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: 35 Craven St. Westminster

holidaylettings.co.uk/rentals/…150964

Looks like a nice a flat and the rental charges are market rate.

It appears to be a new listing (Feb 2011) so that is probably why no reviews.

Edited: 28 March 2011, 23:27
San Diego...
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: 35 Craven St. Westminster

Makes me a bit nervous. Thank you both for your input!

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
3,701 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: 35 Craven St. Westminster

What I have done in the past in order to spot a scam, is to copy a sentence from the description and Google it. Scammers often copy descriptions from estate agents' websites. I did it for this flat (for several of the sentences in the descritption) and Google only returned the listing at holidaylettings. So the description seems to be unique. Not to say that the test is 100% fool proof, but this listing doesn't look like a scam to me.

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
40,818 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 35 Craven St. Westminster

The location is superb and a google search of the phone number reveals a surgeon in Canterbury so no obvious worries on that score. If you still have doubts then you could ask if a "friend" could come round to view the property and then gauge his response.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
3,701 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: 35 Craven St. Westminster

I looked at a few other listings on holidaylettings and noticed a flat for rent by Robin Larkins of The Real World Property Company.

I can't believe that guy is still in business. If you Google him, there are a ton of negative reviews.

Stockholm, Sweden
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: 35 Craven St. Westminster

Hi!

We were the first to rent it last weekend and we loved it!

I´m not sure what your preferences are, but the location is absolutely the best!

When the riot was at it´s worst, our little street was still quiet.

The appartment is right next to a pub, but we weren´t disturbed.

The layout is great! You´ll get your privacy even though some want to stay up to watch the telly.

Some things can be "worked on" and probably will, but they aren´t "life changin". The Housden family are very nice!

We would absolutely live there again, we had a wonderful time (read the diary ;-))

Best regards Sylvia

San Diego...
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: 35 Craven St. Westminster

Hi Sylvia,

I just spoke with Tansy this morning and she mentiioned that a family from Sweden was the first to stay there. I was a bit nervouse about there being no testimonials on their advert so thank you so much for responding to my inquiry on TA. I picked Craven St. because of the location so its good to hear you feel the same. You have given me peace of mind!

The diary will be the first thing I look for!

Kindest regards,

TML

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 35 Craven St. Westminster

we stayed at craven st ( family of 7 from australia) is was more than i could ever have believed possible . the location was perfect,etremely close to trafalgar square, london eye, etcc all walking distance with small children. , the owners warm and welcoming , communications with booking exceptional. book it book it book it .!!!! i promise you will not be dissappointed it was so spacious. by any standard.. not just london. i will be back given the chance.

Edited: 07 June 2011, 20:27
London, United...
Level Contributor
11,395 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 35 Craven St. Westminster

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!