We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train to Paris?

Weston, Connecticut
Level Contributor
54 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Train to Paris?

Hi all,

I will be going from London to Paris, and need some help with the train that takes you there. I have seen two websites when I Google it, both RailEurope and Eurostar. Are they different trains? One will let me look for dates in August while the other says it is still too early. Also, does it help to book on the UK site verus the US site? Any advice would help.

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
21,534 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Train to Paris?

Eurostar is the service to Paris. Book directly with them and yes, there are reports that the UK site may have cheaper tickets. These are available a maximum of 120 days in advance and cheaper tickets go quickly (but are also non changeable/refundable).

http://www.eurostar.com

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Train to Paris?

Book with and on Eurostar only.

Choose whichever site (US or UK) gives you the best prices, they only update their pricing, based on a fixed exchange rate, every so often so usually one is a bit cheaper than the other depending which way the rates move. Occasionally the differences can be substantial.

SYD-LON-MUC
Destination Expert
for Honeymoons and Romance, Richmond, Bondi, Katoomba
Level Contributor
4,161 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Train to Paris?

definitely go through Eurostar.

There was a recent post with someone purchasing through a third party site and they had a problem which I can't remember what it was.

Edmonton, Canada
Destination Expert
for Edmonton, Yellowknife
Level Contributor
1,343 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Train to Paris?

They are the same train, Eurostar, just different websites to book them through.

Weston, Connecticut
Level Contributor
54 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Train to Paris?

Thank you!

Weston, Connecticut
Level Contributor
54 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Train to Paris?

One more question--how do I access the Eurostar official website and get the amount in dollars (to compare price as you all told me to)? So far I can only find the UK site with amounts in Pounds.

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
32,290 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Train to Paris?

You clear the cookies from your computer or use a different internet browser, go back into the Eurostar website and select "united states" instead of "united kingdom" when given the option

8. Re: Train to Paris?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 October 2012, 16:16