We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dublin or London??

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ireland
Level Contributor
147 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Dublin or London??

I am thinking of going on a break to either Dublin or London. I was born in Dublin but have never been back over since I left as a baby. Any ideas on where offers the best fun for a few nights??

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
21,032 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dublin or London??

London.

(If you post on the Dublin forum, the answer will probably be Dublin). Obvious but true.

Dublin might be cheaper though, financial crisis and all that.

U.S. expats
Destination Expert
for Windsor, London
Level Contributor
19,530 posts
199 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dublin or London??

During this "break" what do you hope to do? Immerse yourself in culture? Hang out at pubs? See a new city? Relax?

You might go by your local bookstore and have a look at the guidebooks for London and Dublin respectively; that might give you a better idea.

U.K.
Destination Expert
for Belgrade
Level Contributor
14,167 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Dublin or London??

if you want a pub crawl and revisit your roots then obviously Dublin, it is a fun city but not huge amount to see in the way of culture and history, not when compared to London and other big European cities. For most first timer choices, to choose Dublin before London would be a bit bizarre so only head there if important to you personally or very much cheaper.

When in Europe,Rome, London and Paris need to be seen, cliche type comment I know but true nonetheless IME.

Stoofer

Edited: 03 April 2011, 18:08
4. Re: Dublin or London??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 October 2012, 12:17