We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First Time In London - Which Area Of These 3?

Ireland
Level Contributor
316 posts
1 review
Save Topic
First Time In London - Which Area Of These 3?

Hi,

My wife and i will be staying in the Premier Inn and have decided 3 on locations. But which one is a good base for sightseeing and getting about?

Premier Inn ,County Hall, Belvedere Road,

Premier Inn London Euston,Dukes Road,

Premier Inn London Victoria , Eccleston Square

Thanks for any advice

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
21,524 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First Time In London - Which Area Of These 3?

They are all absolutely fine for getting about. County Hall is probably the best in terms of sites nearby and good transport options (Waterloo/Westminster and tons of buses). Victoria is fine but there is a lot of congestion at Victoria (there is at the best of times) due to construction work at the tube station.

Assuming rates are on a par (County Hall is often relatively pricey) that's probably the one to go for.

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
32,282 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: First Time In London - Which Area Of These 3?

How are you getting to London? Victoria has easy access from most of the London airports.

However for location the County Hall one can't be beat

Ireland
Level Contributor
316 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: First Time In London - Which Area Of These 3?

Thanks for the quick replies

County Hall is the most expensive at £877 for 6 nights.

Then Victoria at £777 and Euston at £603.

So quite a difference in price!

We are flying in to Stansted at 10am. I have been told that National Express run a bus from Stansted to Liverpool Street Station is that correct?

I guess we then need to find the Tube and then use that to get to the hotel?

Thanks

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
21,524 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First Time In London - Which Area Of These 3?

Best transport depends on where you end up staying. From STN there are buses to Liverpool St or Victoria or you could get a train (Stansted Express), to Tottenham Hale then tube VIctoria line direct to Euston or Victoria.

With such big price differences I'd be tempted to go for the Euston PI - it's handy for transfers, transport and you can find restaurants, pubs etc. a short walk away in Bloomsbury.

Ireland
Level Contributor
316 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: First Time In London - Which Area Of These 3?

Thanks a lot. As long as Euston is easy to get to from Stansted then we will be happy.

From this map http://www.tubemap.com/

We could get the bus to Liverpool Street

Then tube on the Hammersmith, Metropolitan or Circle Line to Morrgate then change to the Northern Line and then onto Euston?

Or am i completely wrong? As you can tell i've never used the Tube before

Edited: 04 April 2011, 11:19
London, United...
7 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: First Time In London - Which Area Of These 3?

Hi

In respect of transport from Stanstead to Euston, there is an easy bus which I think is only a few pounds so do check it out as it is preferable to book your seat before travelling.

I hope you have an enjoyable trip.

Ireland
Level Contributor
316 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: First Time In London - Which Area Of These 3?

Thanks nodtravels.

Im not sure about staying at Euston now. The hotel does state its next to a noisy road and that windows are insulated but reading reviews on trip advisor it states the hotel isnt very quiet.

As for the hotel in Victoria - there is currently major work on the tube station.

Back to the drawing board then!

West London
Level Contributor
10,128 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: First Time In London - Which Area Of These 3?

If it was me, I'd still choose any one of them., including Euston, which sounds a good bargain.

And regarding Victoria, if you don't want to use Victoria station then St James Park station is only a short walk away.

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
21,524 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: First Time In London - Which Area Of These 3?

St James is quite a walk from the PI Victoria which is south of Victoria station. But there will be buses.

Not all the rooms as the PI Euston will front Euston Road - so asking for a quiet room at the back might be worth a go.

Easybus goes to Baker St - you can get a bus/tube from there but it is much easier to get the train/tube via Tottenham Hale as mentioned. The PI is 3 minutes from the eastern exit of Euston station.

If you get the Terravision bus you could go to Liverpool St and then tube to Euston Square (NB these lines do not stop at Euston) - providing the Circle/District lines are running the dates of your trip.

All the above will different if you decide on a different hotel/the PI County Hall instead.

London, United...
Level Contributor
8,023 posts
525 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: First Time In London - Which Area Of These 3?

I am with Glyn and I would choose Euston as well. You are out most of the day and the money you save you can go to nice restaurants, shows.