We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can you walk through Green Park by B. Palace?

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
CA
Level Contributor
55 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Can you walk through Green Park by B. Palace?

Dumb question but having never been to London....I have read the Green Park station is close to Buckingham Palace. I can see Green Park on Google maps but cannot tell if it's a public park--can you cut through the park to get to Green Park station??? Thanks so much!

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
32,075 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Can you walk through Green Park by B. Palace?

Green Park is a public park

Melbourne
Level Contributor
2,258 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Can you walk through Green Park by B. Palace?

Hi,

I've not been to London since 2004 but you could walk through Green Park then. So far as I know it's a totally accessible public park. I'd strongly recommend a walk through all of London's parks; just wonderful. :)

CA
Level Contributor
55 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Can you walk through Green Park by B. Palace?

Awesome--thanks!!

London, United...
Level Contributor
412 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Can you walk through Green Park by B. Palace?

You can walk through Green Park to Buckingham Palace :-) I nice route is to turn into the park by The Ritz and there is a footpath right up to Constitution Hill by the Palace :-)

London, United...
Level Contributor
412 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Can you walk through Green Park by B. Palace?

And yes, there are a number of entrances to Green Park tube right by the Park :-)

Sheffield
Level Contributor
4,381 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Can you walk through Green Park by B. Palace?

You might then like to walk on through St James' Park (the Queen's front garden) and then on to Westminster Abbey, Big Ben and so forth. If the weather's good, St James' Park is a nice place for a picnic and feed the pelicans too.

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
32,075 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Can you walk through Green Park by B. Palace?

"feed the pelicans too"

Or watch them feed on the local pigeon population

8. Re: Can you walk through Green Park by B. Palace?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 October 2012, 20:19