We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transport London Stansted Airport to Canada Water Station

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Kuala Lumpur...
3 posts
Save Topic
Transport London Stansted Airport to Canada Water Station

Hi,

Seeking for advise on transport arrangement from Stansted airport to Canada water tube station.

I am arriving London Stansted airport on 13 May 2011, 9.45pm for Expat Travel Europe Tour next morning, 14 May 2011 meeting time at 7am in Canada Water Tube Station. No plan to have any accommodation for a short night. Kindly advise my questions below.

(a) Please advise on how shall i arrange a budget transfer/bus/train from Stansted Airport to Canada Water Station at night (estimated 10.30pm after custom clearance) ? or any other budget way to get the earliest transport to Canada Water Station before 7am meeting time ?

(b) Will it be safe (for female) if i overnight at Canada Water Station ? Will the weather too cool for staying overnight there?

Thank you in advance for your advice.

London, United...
Level Contributor
11,395 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transport London Stansted Airport to Canada Water Station

The cheapest, and probably easiest, route would be to take the National Express coach (long-distance bus) from Stansted to Stratford, and from there take the Jubilee of the tube to Canada Water.

You may get to Stratford too late to get the tube, but the tube starts running around 5am so you could continue your journey then.

Both the stations will close overnight, and you will not be able to sleep in them. Trying to sleep in the open nearby is not a good idea, either. As well as the weather (which may or may not be poor), neither area is pleasant.

I advise you to consider a cheap hotel in Stratford for the night.

Edited: 09 April 2011, 10:05
Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
28,552 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transport London Stansted Airport to Canada Water Station

There was a duplicate post. Yhe other - with Mr. C's relevant comment - is here:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g186338-i17-k43862…

Edited: 09 April 2011, 12:13
Upminster, United...
Level Contributor
11,284 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transport London Stansted Airport to Canada Water Station

To Canada Water

National Express coach to Stratford the Jubilee Line underground to Canada Water.

Do not spend the night at Canada Water station. There is nothing near it except a large retail park. There are no toilets and you will be kicked out after the last train has passed. You would be better off spending the night at Stansted and then travelling down.

If you catch the 5:05 coach, you will get to Stratford at 5:50 and should the get to Canada Water well before 6:30

Kuala Lumpur...
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Transport London Stansted Airport to Canada Water Station

The post that you provided is not available anymore as showed in the trip advisor message.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g186338-i17-k43862…

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
40,656 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Transport London Stansted Airport to Canada Water Station

That was because you posted the same question twice which meant one thread was closed.

The advice given above stands - either stay at the airport or better still, find a hotel in Stratford.

Upminster, United...
Level Contributor
11,284 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Transport London Stansted Airport to Canada Water Station

Actually, they posted it 3 times !

Good job I cut and pasted my post.

Kuala Lumpur...
3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Transport London Stansted Airport to Canada Water Station

Thanks all. Ha..sorry.. still fresh in tripadvisor...not so familier in posting yet.

In that case, i will stay in airport, but still need your helps here to clarify certain things.

(a) If i take national express coach, which website that i shall refer for timetable, purchase ticket, airport counter, departure place?

(b) Besides bus, any other options that i can consider to ensure i arrive on time at 7am Canada water station ? in budget to middle expensive way.

(c) What is the official website for Stratford, need to know how to purchase ticket, floor plan..just to ensure i take a right train.

This is my first time in London, thank you in advance for your guidance here.

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
40,656 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Transport London Stansted Airport to Canada Water Station

The following websites should help you -

sleepinginairports.net/europe/londonstansted…

http://www.nationalexpress.com/home.aspx

tfl.gov.uk/gettingaround/…1000226.aspx

The quickest, easiest and cheapest way from airport to Canada Water is National Express coach to Stratford then Jubilee line tube. Taxi is the only real alternative.

9. Re: Transport London Stansted Airport to Canada Water Station

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 October 2012, 03:17