We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Four Seasons Afternoon Tea - Good?

Auckland Central...
Level Contributor
752 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Four Seasons Afternoon Tea - Good?

can't decide between here, the Connaught, or the Lanesborough...

Thanks

Likely To Sell Out
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle and Bath...
5,254 reviews
from US$127.50*
Likely To Sell Out
Making of Harry Potter Round-Trip...
456 reviews
from US$106.00*
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, Bath...
2,085 reviews
from US$150.40*
Special Offer
Luxury Paris Day Trip with Champagne...
464 reviews
from US$302.90*
US$336.60
London, United...
Level Contributor
10,088 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Four Seasons Afternoon Tea - Good?

You probably won't get many comments on the Four Seasons as the hotel has only recently been completely refurbished and re-opened.

Both The Connaught & The Lanesborough get very good reviews for their tea.

Nice, France
Destination Expert
for Brighton, Nice
Level Contributor
6,284 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Four Seasons Afternoon Tea - Good?

Haven't been to the Four Seasons. I prefer the food and service at the Lanesborough, but the ambience of the Connaught.

UK
Level Contributor
2,618 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Four Seasons Afternoon Tea - Good?

Ihaven't had tea at the Connaught - lunch yesterday .

If the tea is as good as lunch then C . The 4 seasons is to me dull now

Decision decisions decisions

Good luck regmaichr

Auckland Central...
Level Contributor
752 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Four Seasons Afternoon Tea - Good?

Thanks.

I want to take my sister somewhere when she's visiting in a few weeks (over what should be a chaotic Easter / Royal Wedding weekend/s).

Thinking Connaught as it is a bit more chic / glam looking. Four Seasons looks like a super cool place, but not very 'London'...

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
22,627 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Four Seasons Afternoon Tea - Good?

Don't think it matters much - any of those establishments will be fine. Better to choose somewhere handy for whatever else you are planning to do. Claridges has just one the industry 'Oscar' for AT if that matters though.

tea.co.uk/news-article/Claridges-Top-London-…

Auckland Central...
Level Contributor
752 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Four Seasons Afternoon Tea - Good?

Yeah we should be around Mayfair that day.

Thought about Claridge's, but looks too stuffy from what I've seen. I love the bar at the Connaught - crowd might be a bit more 'us' there for AT.

7. Re: Four Seasons Afternoon Tea - Good?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 12 April 2011, 18:05
Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
116 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Four Seasons Afternoon Tea - Good?

Do you think I could show up at The Berkeley without reservations? Or is it pretty well booked? thanks

London, England
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
10,335 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Four Seasons Afternoon Tea - Good?

I would book wherever you want to go. You might get lucky even if you don't book, but in your place, I wouldn't take the chance.

Sometimes I just ring on the morning of the day, but I have also been disapointed that way. (On the other hand, being tuirned down at my two first choices is how I doiscovered the Capital Hotel!)

London, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Four Seasons Afternoon Tea - Good?

In London, it is always best to book. We were there on a Thursday or Friday, so a week day and they were pretty full. Originally I tried to book the Friday but they didn't have space for us, because we were a group - and this was about two weeks before. The great thing is that they are not as crazy as The Ritz which is the pinnacle of high teas apparently and you need to book a month or two before. I think the Ritz is very posh and a nice to try, but the Berkeley is more fun, especially for girls. I've been twice now and it's still my best experience of afternoon tea.

If you are thinking you want to go lastminute, then I'd take their number along and call beforehand. Great lastminute afternoon tea is at Harrods upstairs on the 5th floor and Liberty's cafe on the ground floor.