We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where can I watch the Oscars?

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Jersey
Level Contributor
70 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Where can I watch the Oscars?

I'm accompanying my husband to the London Book Fair 2006 - we are staying at the Custom House Hotel at ExCeL - and I don't want to miss the Oscars (Sunday, March 5th).

Will it be re-televised on the Monday (due to the time change)? Would any pubs, restaurants, etc. be showing it?

Nice, France
Destination Expert
for London, Brighton
Level Contributor
6,126 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where can I watch the Oscars?

Sky TV will show the broadcast: xtramsn.co.nz/entertainment/…00.html

You could call the hotel and see if they offer cable/satellite television. Because of the time difference in LA (8 hours earlier), the Oscars are on during the wee hours here, so there won't be pubs/restaurants showing them that I'm aware of (someone may have different info).

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
5,617 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where can I watch the Oscars?

You're going to spend 3+ hours in London England watching the Oscars? Can't you get a friend to tape them for you?

Seattle
Level Contributor
9,650 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where can I watch the Oscars?

Onward: Some things are just too important to miss. I'd want to watch the Oscars live, too!

Gly: I remember a few years ago when the Oscar telecast had live feeds from Australia and the UK. It was daytime in Sydney but the London contingent all looked like they were thinking "I don't care who wins; I just want to go to bed."

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
5,617 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where can I watch the Oscars?

Lee ~> If you were on vacation would you be watching them? I can see if you're sitting in Seattle drinking Starbucks coffee you may want to relax with the glitz of Hollywood. Gly can do as she pleases, I'd just find something else to do. Are you just watching it for the red carpet?

somewhere out there
Level Contributor
6,161 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Where can I watch the Oscars?

Well, they start televising at about 3am if you really want to watch them; waste of a good night's sleep though!

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
5,617 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where can I watch the Oscars?

Did you have a bad day anemone?

Seattle
Level Contributor
9,650 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where can I watch the Oscars?

Yes, Onward, if I were on vacation I'd definitely be watching them. Plus I'd have with me copies of my entries in the two Oscar pools I'm entering.

Jersey
Level Contributor
70 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where can I watch the Oscars?

What can I say, I'm a big fan of the Oscars...can't remember the last time I missed them - even watched when I was in Mexico the year Spielberg finally won for Schindler's List.

Thanks for all of the POSITIVE input guys

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
5,617 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Where can I watch the Oscars?

Gly ~> Don't worry, I'm giving these ladies a hard time. Our families loves them too. Find out a bunch of films you didn't know about by watching them.

Tennessee.USA
Level Contributor
390 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Where can I watch the Oscars?

Gly,I was just thinking this morning that I would miss the awards since I will be in London that week.I'm glad they will be shown there.