We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunday Brunch Suggestions?

Birmingham
Destination Expert
for Birmingham
Level Contributor
1,533 posts
105 reviews
Save Topic
Sunday Brunch Suggestions?

We are staying at The Intercontinental, Park Lane (room only) and then going on Eurostar from St Pancras on a Sunday at 1pm. I’m looking for suggestions for Sunday breakfast/brunch either walking distance from our hotel or from St Pancras. I have already tried The Wolseley where we have eaten before and always enjoyed – they said yes but we could only have the table for an hour. I’m looking for somewhere a bit more relaxed than that – somewhere we can linger with a pot of coffee, brunch etc for a couple of hours.

Likely To Sell Out
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle and Bath...
5,233 reviews
from US$125.50*
Likely To Sell Out
Making of Harry Potter Round-Trip...
439 reviews
from US$104.40*
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, Bath...
2,069 reviews
from US$148.10*
Likely To Sell Out
Harry Potter Tour of Warner Bros...
628 reviews
from US$100.10*
London, United...
Level Contributor
8,023 posts
524 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sunday Brunch Suggestions?

You can check these recent threads

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g186338-i17-k426…

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g186338-i17-k432…

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,026 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sunday Brunch Suggestions?

I haven't been there yet, but what about the Marriott St Pancras? The building looks stunning and they have two restaurants serving breakfast.

In St Pancras station itself there is a Pain Quotidien which is good for breakfast/brunch, not in the class of the Wolseley. My favourite Sunday breakfast is Smith's of Smithfields, but it's not quite walking distance from St Pancras - only a short bus or taxi ride though.

Birmingham
Destination Expert
for Birmingham
Level Contributor
1,533 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sunday Brunch Suggestions?

Thank you both - I think I'll give the new Marriott St Pancras a go - at least not far to go for the train after.

UK
Level Contributor
2,595 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sunday Brunch Suggestions?

Nip up through Curzon street etc to Mount street Connaught Hotel where Helene Darroze is chef - excellent Brunch I wrote review from last Sunday.

As for St Pancras still a bit running on 3 cyclinders Marcus Wareing not open and the other restaurant is rather gloomy used to be Booking Hall

Bon appetit Regmaiche

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
857 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sunday Brunch Suggestions?

We usually stay on Park Lane and walk/taxi to Christopher's in the West End, depending on the weather.

Uxbridge, United...
Level Contributor
173 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sunday Brunch Suggestions?

Henrys cafe on Piccadilly is relaxed on a weekend morning.

7. Re: Sunday Brunch Suggestions?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 October 2012, 06:18