We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good triple room

Dabrowa Gornicza
Level Contributor
225 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Good triple room

Do you happen to know any good hotels with triple rooms at 140 punds/night at most (planning to stay in July)? Would greatly appreciate free wi-fi. I have been looking for quite some time but found only Georgian House Hotel which I'm a little skeptical towards to because of the opinions. As regards the location I'd like to be as centrally located as possible - I don't want to be tube-dependent to get to the turmoil of the city. Could you please suggest something?

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
55,363 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Good triple room

Have a look at the Arran House and Ridgemount hotels in Gower Street. Both have basic and ensuite rooms for three and both have free WiFi service throughout the properties.

Dabrowa Gornicza
Level Contributor
225 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Good triple room

Thank you, but aren't there any better looking hotels for the price? I'm quite surprised with London hotel prices since for 150 Euros I had great-looking Hotel Savoy in Vienna and for 100 (!) Euros I had exceptionally brilliant looking Mercure am Checkpoint Charlie in Berlin - both astonishingly well located while here all I can find for 150 pounds are old-fashioned moderately-located hotels.. Is London THAT more expensive or sth is wrong with my searching?

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
55,363 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Good triple room

The hotels I mentioned aren't smartest in looks but do offer good value in a very good location.

If you're willing to travel a little have a look at the Novotel Tower Bridge in Pepys Street, the Chamberlain Hotel and Hotel Indigo (both in Minories). You might find a bargain rate at the Park Plaza Westminster Bridge or the Hotel H10 too.

Consider as well the Premier Inn chain, very good quality mid-range hotels. The County Hall location is perennially popular along with the Kensington hotel (in Knaresborough Place) and the PIs in Euston Road and York Way.

Dabrowa Gornicza
Level Contributor
225 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Good triple room

Thank you very much for another comprehensive post!

Novotel (as all Accor hotel) has ridiculously overpriced wi-fi so I have to say no. Park plaza and H10 are both great but also both have rooms for over 200 pounds a night. The Chamberlain, however, is quite a long way from most attractions - close only to the Tower, in fact.

Yes, I've been thinking about PI chain - both the said County Hall and the Victoria one. However, there is no e-mail contact to any of these hotels which seem quite funny.. Havr been googling for a while and no luck - they simply don't have e-mails. I suppose 'odd' doesn't quite cut it.. :)

Edited: 24 April 2011, 19:17
Sheffield
Level Contributor
4,467 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Good triple room

Premier Inn's (PI's) website has details of all of their hotels. If you click through to the details of each hotel, there is the facility to email the hotel.

And can't understand why Google won't get you to the PI site - does so for me every time.

Skipton, United...
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Good triple room

Have a look at Travelodge. You can find some decent prices in decent locations.

Dabrowa Gornicza
Level Contributor
225 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Good triple room

Google does get me to the PIs sites of course - what I said is that it can't find any contact to them apart fom the phone numbers.

Where do you see the emails on the PI sites? Nothing more than phone, email to friend option and FB share for me...

8. Re: Good triple room

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 October 2012, 12:18