We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Heathrow Parking - T 3 & 5

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
UK
Level Contributor
196 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
Heathrow Parking - T 3 & 5

Flying out of Hrow T3 and arrive back into T5 6 days later. Any parking tips please? Most car parks seem to serve specific terminals.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
54,897 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Heathrow Parking - T 3 & 5

T3 and T5 are at oppo ends of the airport. Given the choice you may wish to park at T5 then take the free Heathrow Express shuttle from that terminal building to the station serving T1,3 and walking to T3 departures from there, which shouldn't take more than five minutes. I'd rather have to make the schlep across the airport before a holiday than after, but YMMV.

Guildford, United...
Level Contributor
2,461 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Heathrow Parking - T 3 & 5

I have in the past parked in T5 Long Term Parking and gone to the far end - where there is a fence with a lifting barrier to the T3 Business Parking (it was once one big car park before T5 opened. Then taken the T5 shuttle to depart and the T3 business shuttle on my return. I'm not sure if you can still do this!

Or use one of the off airport car parks that provide shuttles to all terminals.

U.S. expats
Destination Expert
for Windsor, London
Level Contributor
19,627 posts
199 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Heathrow Parking - T 3 & 5

I can't advise you as to a specific company, but the meet and greet services we used at Gatwick were really great. You arrrange it all ahead of time, and it is so easy the day of. You drive up to the curb, where a man waits with your information; out come your bags, and off he goes to park it in the secure lot. Once back, you phone when you have your luggage and they bring the car around again to the curb. Load the luggage, take the keys and drive away. Much cheaper than valet parking, and so convenient.

Try googling meet and greet Heathrow

Hertfordshire...
Level Contributor
584 posts
172 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Heathrow Parking - T 3 & 5

How about using Purple Parking? We have used them several times. The car park is in Southall and they drive you plus lugguge to the terminal and pick you up outside on your return. It should not be a problem withthem coming and going from different terminals, they are probably cheaper then parking on terminal any way.

UK
Level Contributor
196 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Heathrow Parking - T 3 & 5

Thank you all so much for your tips - have booked a meet and greet which has solved the problem.

6. Re: Heathrow Parking - T 3 & 5

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 October 2012, 02:17