We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheapest way to get from Marble Arch to Gatwick

Galway, Ireland
Level Contributor
137 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Cheapest way to get from Marble Arch to Gatwick

Hi Folks, just wondering what that cheapest method of getting from Marble Arch to Gatwick airport on a Sunday around 11am? We'll only have a small bag with us so we won't have the problem of dragging lots of luggage with us.

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
32,529 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Cheapest way to get from Marble Arch to Gatwick

Walk down to Victoria (or get a bus in Park Lane) and get a Southerrn Train to Gatwick

Dunfermline, United...
Level Contributor
13,237 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cheapest way to get from Marble Arch to Gatwick

When I used to do this, I would walk to Bond Street and take the Jubilee Line to London Bridge then First Capital Connect train to Gatwick. Not much in it either way in time or cost

London
Level Contributor
3,773 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cheapest way to get from Marble Arch to Gatwick

To be pendantic , how about the 74 bus from Marble Arch to West Brompton if you can pick up a £2 fare on easyBus to Gatwick from there.

London
Level Contributor
100 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cheapest way to get from Marble Arch to Gatwick

I don't think I've ever seen the headline EasyBus £2 actually be offered in real life, or if it is, you probably need to book several months in advance. The usual EasyBus tickets are around £6 to £10. Which is the same cost as the National Express coaches that go from London Victoria, which is definitely walkable from Marble Arch.

I guess whether you take the train, the Easybus or the National Express, the difference is going to be a few pounds only.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,478 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cheapest way to get from Marble Arch to Gatwick

The Southern train from London Bridge is cheaper than the First Capital Connect.

Cotswolds
Level Contributor
11,381 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Cheapest way to get from Marble Arch to Gatwick

Cheaper still are advance singles on Southern from Victoria to Gatwick - buy from Southern's own website and they start at £3.70

Still plenty at that price on 15 May for example - they don't sell out that quick

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
55,614 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cheapest way to get from Marble Arch to Gatwick

Take the bus from Marble Arch to Victoria then an inexpensive fare on a Southern train you'll have booked in advance as dzug1 mentioned. tfl.gov.uk/tfl/…marblearchdr-2168.pdf

Galway, Ireland
Level Contributor
137 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Cheapest way to get from Marble Arch to Gatwick

Thanks a million guys, I've booked the advance ticket with Southern for £3.70 :o)

9. Re: Cheapest way to get from Marble Arch to Gatwick

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 October 2012, 03:16