We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sporting goods

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
77 posts
Save Topic
Sporting goods

Can anyone recommend a sporting goods shop to buy club football jerseys and I have a request for a cricket ball.

Thanks,

Pete

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
54,431 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sporting goods

Lillywhites at Piccadilly Circus may be the business, but the larger football clubs have shops as well with great selections of goods.

You could always go to the source for a cricket ball: www.shopatlords.com and have a look to see what's on offer.

Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
77 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Sporting goods

Thanks TravellerPlus,

We will visit Lillywhites and the cricket grounds.

- Pete

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,478 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sporting goods

Make sure you don't buy the fake jerseys that are sold on the street and in the souvenir shops just about everywhere that tourists go.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
275 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sporting goods

I feel we went to every sporting shop there was. Try Sportsdirect - their website is comprehensive and that will give you an idea as to the range and price. My kids thought they had the best prices.

Lords shop has cricket balls. My kids tell me they didn't see any other cricket balls in centre of London, although we did in Scotland and further out in London.

JJBs and JDs were the other sport shops we came across so perhaps check their web pages out first.

London
Level Contributor
759 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sporting goods

You'll get cricket balls in John Lewis, there's a large one on Oxford St and the sports section is on the top floor.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,232 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sporting goods

Try the incorrectly named Soccer Scene, (obviously one for the tourists), based on Carnaby Street.

www.soccerscene.co.uk

London
Level Contributor
2,208 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sporting goods

I think TP's advice is the best. Lillywhites have just about any sports gear you could wish for, over 6 floors, and it is hard to beat their prices as well. Incidentally, Lillywhites and SportsDirect (for online sales) are the same company.

Soccer Scene in Carnaby Street is OK if you are looking for some really obscure football strips.

London
Level Contributor
100 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sporting goods

Wow I'm kinda surprised you can't buy a cricket ball in Arizona, although I guess I shouldn't be, it's quite hard buying decent baseballs here in the UK.

There are many branches of SportsDirect in London (including the already mentioned LillyWhites) but basically ANY branch of SportsDirect will sell you a cricket ball. And a football shirt.

Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
77 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Sporting goods

Thank you everyone,

Lillywhites it is, while in the area we'll also check out Harmels toys for gifts.

- Pete

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Lake District
Level Contributor
2,959 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sporting goods

In terms of value for money for your requirements the suggestion of Sports Direct is excellent. If you can find a large SD store even better.