We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Warning: booking via AGODA.COM

Singapore
10 posts
Save Topic
Warning: booking via AGODA.COM

Make sure you verified with the hotel that you have booked and that you have a valid accommodation to make sure you actually have a room when you arrive in the hotel. Here's my email to the hotel after Thistle Hyde Park rejected my voucher (which I have already fully paid) because my name is not on their system and they are overbooked after my 13 hour flight from Singapore to London.

Dear Adamm Pillay,

I refer my booking at Thistle Hyde Park Hotel from 22 Apr - 30 Apr and our tele-conversation on 22 Apr 11.

I was not able to check into Thistle Hyde Park despite the voucher issued by Agoda as Thistle had no records at all of my reservation. Imagined my shock and frustration not able to check in after a long haul flight.

Thistle have now housed us in the nearest hotel Thistle Kesington Garden at the available rate as walk in customer. They have deducted on my credit card the security deposit. It should show up if Agoda is actually talking with them right now. The attached document showed I have pre-paid in full.

I have not heard from Agoda on the update how to settle our accommodation? This is almost 48 hours after the urgent call on long distance calling trying to get it settled on 22 April at 10.30pm! You have mentioned that Agoda will settle any charges that may be incurred as I have already pre-paid my bookings.

Please acknowledged you have received this email.

Please revert to me on closure of this matter as i do not wish to pay any more than what I already paid. In order that this does not continue to bither me on my vacation, we would like this to be settled within the next 24 hours of this email. I think this is not unreasonable request.

Thank you.

Marlon Mendoza

=================

And all I got from Agoda is a 10% off for my next booking to them! I have spent more than $100 long distance call just by talking to their agent to settle our accommodation.

Mentioned in this post
Thistle Hyde Park
Thistle Hyde Park
996 Reviews
London, UK
London
London
England, UK
London
Level Contributor
2,198 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Warning: booking via AGODA.COM

I used Agoda for booking hotels in Far East and Australia last year without any problems.

If you are not aware if you look at bottom of Agoda home page to see their affiliates, they are affiliated to Priceline who are highly respected.

Ask for the name of their C.E.O and hassle them. The hotel should have had your booking if you had been issued with correct vouchers.

London
Level Contributor
3,773 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Warning: booking via AGODA.COM

Agoda are owned by Priceline who also own Bookings.com based in the UK.

Staff move freely between Bookings.com and Agoda.

Both Bookings.com and Priceline are hardly fly by night organisations and my experience with both of them in terms of customer service has been good.

Might be worth contacting Bookings.com in the UK.

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
23,587 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Warning: booking via AGODA.COM

FWIW I always check with the hotel itself when booking through agents (Piceline,laterooms, agodo whoever) to make sure they have my booking. Slip ups do occur. I would battle on though - it does sound as if they are at fault.

birmingham uk
Level Contributor
72 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Warning: booking via AGODA.COM

I have just booked a hotel with agoda and got an email with a booking ref number. I was then expecting the hotel voucher to come through. I then got another email with a 'ticket' number. Is this 'ticket' number the hotel voucher does anyone know?

cheers.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,682 posts
235 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Warning: booking via AGODA.COM

imo this is a hotel error, they overbooked and they should sort it out not Agoda, when you arrived they should've upgraded you to a better hotel for the same amount as you paid for the Thistle Hyde Park and compensated you with at least a free dinner.

Mentioned in this post
Thistle Hyde Park
Thistle Hyde Park
996 Reviews
London, UK
UK
Level Contributor
49,560 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Warning: booking via AGODA.COM

Chrella,thats not what the OP said, sure the hotel is overbooked, BUT crucially, his name isnt on their system. So why would they upgrade him to a better room and give him a free dinner if he isnt registered as an expected guest ?

London, United...
Level Contributor
11,395 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Warning: booking via AGODA.COM

The OP's message was long ago. This thread has been resurrected by reply #4, with a different question.

UK
Level Contributor
49,560 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Warning: booking via AGODA.COM

Good spot.

Brummie, please start a new thread for a new question to avoid this sort of confusion.

birmingham uk
Level Contributor
72 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Warning: booking via AGODA.COM

Doesn't matter now, as i got in touch with the hotel directly who told me that i did not have a booking with them!

I got in touch with AGODA who said they would cancel the booking and no money would be taken from my credit card.

Sorry if i caused confusion.

10. Re: Warning: booking via AGODA.COM

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 18 August 2012, 10:35