We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Charing Cross to Camden to Kings Cross

Edinburgh, Scotland
Level Contributor
2,411 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Charing Cross to Camden to Kings Cross

2 DDs and I are thinking of going to Camden market on Sunday 29th May. Our hotel is right beside Charing Cross so we would go from there. I looked at the website for Camden market and it said that the tube is the most direct but that it gets very crowded on a Sunday. Is it quite easy to take the bus or a surface train and are there interesting things to see that we would miss going on the tube?

After our visit to the market we need to make our way to Kings Cross for our train which is at 6pm. What would be the best way to get there?

Thanks very much:-)

Cotswolds
Level Contributor
11,381 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Charing Cross to Camden to Kings Cross

The 24 bus will get you from Trafalgar Square to Camden Market without a change

Coming back the 214 bus will get you to Kings Cross from Camden Town station

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
55,613 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Charing Cross to Camden to Kings Cross

I'd skip the Northern line and take either of the numbers 24 or 29 (towards Hampstead Heath or Wood Green) to Camden Town and walk from there.

Charing X Road is closed at St Giles Circus with buses on diversion so the journey may be a bit slow going between Cambridge Circus and Percy Street, but aside from that it's usually not pokey or slow. Look left just before Mornington Crescent station at the fabbo Black Cat cigarette factory - it's v colourful, hard to miss.

The spider map for buses from Camden is enough to give anyone eyestrain, but the 214 towards Liverpool Street is the one I usually take when leaving the area and heading for points east. In my experience, stop R is marginally less frantic than stop T but weekends are always busy.

tfl.gov.uk/tfl/…charingcrossquad-2048.pdf

tfl.gov.uk/tfl/…camdentown-2041.pdf

Edinburgh, Scotland
Level Contributor
2,411 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Charing Cross to Camden to Kings Cross

Thanks for the info. Seems like the bus would be best then:-)

4. Re: Charing Cross to Camden to Kings Cross

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 May 2012, 06:19