We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Earls Court Square apartment

Australia
Level Contributor
105 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Earls Court Square apartment

We are about to rent an apartment in Earls Court. We are three women so want somewhere safe. There are some conflicting reports re this area on the forum so am wondering what people think about staying here. The apartment looks good in photos as does the building. What is the area like ?

Likely To Sell Out
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle and Bath...
5,231 reviews
from US$142.60*
Likely To Sell Out
Making of Harry Potter Round-Trip...
436 reviews
from US$103.40*
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, Bath...
2,066 reviews
from US$146.80*
Likely To Sell Out
Harry Potter Tour of Warner Bros...
623 reviews
from US$99.20*
Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
3,701 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Earls Court Square apartment

Can you provide a link to the apartment?

Rockaway, New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,851 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Earls Court Square apartment

I am a female who has stayed in Earls Court alone. I walked around throughout the day and at night and never felt it was the slightest bit dangerous. The area is quite bustling (a bit noisy, but nothing too bad) and there are a lot of shops, restaurants and pubs. I looked up the place you are staying online, and assuming I have the right place, it looks lovely. I would not hesitate to stay there! Have a great trip!!

Redlands, California
Level Contributor
5,686 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Earls Court Square apartment

I think its fine; Earl's Court used to have a bit of a "rough" reputation (in the sense of drunk and disorderly,mostly) but my impressions during the day was just that the area was busy and well-supplied with shops near the Tube station. The square is very attractive. (I visited it on "Open Squares Weekend" last year.) I wouldn't hesitate to stay there at all and I'm a single female traveller.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3,882 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Earls Court Square apartment

We stayed at The Mansions a few years back (4 ladies) on Earl's Court Road and it was great - both the flat and the area :-) We walked around at night, to pubs and to and from the station and never had a problem. Plenty of life about the place, plenty of transport options, plenty of supermarkets, pubs, etc and we thought it a great place to be.

Fort Bragg...
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Earls Court Square apartment

I have stayed in this area many times and have never felt unsafe or even

uneasy. There are a LOT of services in this area, and Earls Court Square is a quiet oasis in a great area. And I'm a single woman traveler in her 70s....

Fort Bragg...
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Earls Court Square apartment

Don't worry---this area is very safe. I'm a woman traveler in her 70s and have stayed in this area many times, including Earls Court Square. It is very convenient, very quiet, and mostly residential once you get off Earls Court Road. I do not worry about walking around the area, day or night. Enjoy your trip!! This area offers the tube, banks, grocery shops for self-catering, pubs, restaurants, convenience stores, and even a public library for email. A great home base for London.

Fort Bragg...
3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Earls Court Square apartment

I have stayed in this area many times and have never felt unsafe or even

uneasy. There are a LOT of services in this area, and Earls Court Square is a quiet oasis in a great area. And I'm a single woman traveler in her 70s....

New York
Level Contributor
464 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Earls Court Square apartment

Stayed there 2 weeks ago in the area. Very safe and nice neighborhood.

Melbourne Australia
Level Contributor
167 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Earls Court Square apartment

Hi We were in Earls Court 4 weeks ago staying in Penywern Rd, It is a great area, safe ,quiet,the tube is close, i even travelled on the tube by myself one night at 11.30pm then walked to the Boltons hotel where i was staying, i felt completely safe, there is heaps of residential houses in Earls Court.

Earls Court rd is fantastic too for pubs ( The Blackbird has good food ), it has a post office,Internet cafes, a great Thai, Marks & Spencer for food,a pharmacy,3 bakeries,burger king, 2 banks with ATM's etc, We loved staying there

Kim from Australia

10. Re: Earls Court Square apartment

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 July 2012, 05:15